800 Module: Identical Channels?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMosack

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 800 module has identical channels?

I'm pretty sure the Plexi has two that are the same, just independent volumes and gains. The Bassman and SLO (I think) have two different channels, even though they share EQ. How does the 800 fit in?

I think synergy has published the statement that if it doesn’t have a channel switch, then the channels are the exact same.

I sold my 800 a while back, but I recall the channels sounded the same to me. I might be wrong, but I never could convince myself they were different.

warmachine67 said:
I think synergy has published the statement that if it doesn’t have a channel switch, then the channels are the exact same.

I sold my 800 a while back, but I recall the channels sounded the same to me. I might be wrong, but I never could convince myself they were different.

Channel switch? I have no idea what that means. The Plexi module has two identical channels. They may share an EQ. But they offer two sets of settings on the same tone. The BMAN module, on the other hand, appears to have two duplicate channels, but they do not sound the same. The red channel has much more gain than the blue one. Neither of these have any sort of "channel switch".

I'm just wondering how many other Synergy modules are set up like the Plexe: two identical channels.

From the 800's manual https://www.synergyamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/SYNERGY-800-MODULE-MANUAL-V1.pdf:

"If you’re on the hunt to add that original amp's characteristic bite to your Synergy rig, the 800 preamp
module is where you'll find it. We went to great lengths to ensure this module represents that
amplifier’s tone in great detail. Dave Friedman of Friedman Amplification - who has worked on countless
800s, including personal amps of many guitar heroes - designed the module around his extensive
knowledge of what makes the great ones truly special. He then hot rodded the 800 module with a
higher-gain channel that takes your tone into even thicker harmonic territory
. And for even more cut,
both channels of this 12AX7-driven preamp feature a bright switch, ensuring your every note slices right
through the mix."

2nd channel is higher gain - IMHO Channel 1 is like the low gain input, channel 2 the high gain input.

Channel two takes boosts like champ, slayer tone all day long :)

I have an 800 module, and the second channel definitely has more gain than the first channel.