Back in the module game

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
I used to spend a lot of time around here when I had RM100's and was doing the modded module dance. After I sold my last RM about 5 years ago, and my work computer stopped allowing access to this site, I just moved on.

Recently picked up a Syn1 with a BE and Vai modules. SLO is on the way. Taking the main line out into the line in on a Freyette PS2 and out to two 4X12's. Still dialing it in but sounds pretty good.

Looking for some tips on setting volume levels and I guess gain staging. I noticed that the volume knob on the Syn1 seems to add a wide range of compression as it is turned up. Is there an optimal range to set this before I am overloading the PS2?

Wow. This place has really slowed down. I figured it out and am loving the Syn-1 with a BE, Vai, and SLO going into a Power Station. Still need to try it through my 2203X power section. Also have a BluGuitar Iridium which will get a shot as a power section as well.

Edit: just noticed that I need to update my signature! That has all changed.

Hey , The Gear Page "Synergy modular thread" is the good place to be . This forum i pretty dead ...

It really does suck that this place isn’t more lively. There’s a bunch of Syn talk spread across a bunch of forums and the TGP mega thread is cool; but a proper forum that people were using as a first resource would be awesome.

It really does suck that this place isn’t more lively. There’s a bunch of Syn talk spread across a bunch of forums and the TGP mega thread is cool; but a proper forum that people were using as a first resource would be awesome.
Most people have probably moved on to the Facebook group.

well it seems like this place has just had a shot in the arm....I'm getting daily messages. Maybe time to re-engage more here.
My collection ha grown and I love them now as much as ever

A few toys - more than I need but I got passionate about trying out all that I could
Strangely this week's sounds are coming from the Egnater SL that has the Marshall Knobs on with a Fulltone Secret Freq pedal in front of it (I did put SoZo caps in place of the Xicons)
IMG_4553.jpg

Nice collection, what amps/rack units are you using to play these?

I started getting updates from this forum a few days ago as well, which was a nice surprise.
I left facebook years ago and so I was only occasionally reading the MTS fb group, but since the group was made private I can no longer see it.
Hopefully more users come back here as neither the TGP thread nor the fb page are really the best place to talk about and get information about MTS / Synergy system.

I have a Syn2 with an Eganter M4 as the other amp in the loop
Changed since this pic was taken as I have a Marshall 20/20 power amp or a Synergy power amp
The MJW was a stereo 10W SE class A power amp in a head but I need to get it fixed as something is playing up

Attachments

• 110010760_10158520512494002_6823700592005156705_o.jpg
    110010760_10158520512494002_6823700592005156705_o.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 0
Most people have probably moved on to the Facebook group.
Personally don’t have a facebook account and glad for it... ;) Maybe the mailer will bring this place back to life a bit. That’s what prompted me to check in here again. The TGP mega thread is a great resource And a lot of fun. If there are enough users of modular gear it’d be awesome to have a proper forum with enough traffic to sustain it. We’ll see, I guess!

A few toys - more than I need but I got passionate about trying out all that I could
Strangely this week's sounds are coming from the Egnater SL that has the Marshall Knobs on with a Fulltone Secret Freq pedal in front of it (I did put SoZo caps in place of the Xicons)
View attachment 2
Whoa… that is a serious collection. I’ll have to show that to my wife next time she wonders if I’m losing my mind with my module collection. I’ve got like all of the Syn modules except the AC and VH4. And one modded MTS module, so looking at this, I’m a lightweight!! :D

I started getting updates from this forum a few days ago as well, which was a nice surprise.
Same here! A lot of useful info on this site so it would be nice to see it kick back into gear.

I had a modded RM4, then a 2 Syn2s/Syn5050 rig. It sounded was flexible and sounded great, but out of all the modules, I just couldn't find a module with the lead sound I liked. I started using MIDI loop switchers to switch boosts, eqs, etc in before it hit the Syns trying to get what I wanted and the rig ended up bigger, heavier, and more expensive than an amp by that time and still wasn't what I was looking. I sold it and had a custom amp built that had the lead sound I was looking for (Cameron Aldrich mod) for about a 3rd of the price of the Synergy rig. I've always felt that if I could've gotten my hands on a Camerock, I might've been happy with leads as well. G.A.S....

The heavy rhythm sound on my amp is good, but I wanted to add the fantastic Synergy SLO and Powerball rhythm sounds for my cover and original gigs, so I just bought a Syn1 to hook up in the loop. Synergy is a pretty amazing format to have that kind of flexibility to it.