RT503H anyone have one

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
does anyone have a rt503h? I am on the fence about getting one i found em online for 399 which is a steal for something that sounds the way the demos ive watched sounds...
-mp-

I have one. I got mine a few months back when they first dropped to $399.

Over all, it's not too bad of an amp. The clean is just fine for most needs.
OD1, is great for that Marshall style tone. Think JCM 800.
OD2, is very over the top, gain wise. It has tons of low end. The mids are where I kind of fight with this channel. I'm using an EQ to push a little more mid back in. HIghs seem to level out pretty good on it's own.

You will probably want to retube the preamp. The stock tubes are pretty dark compared to others.

One thing to look out for is the stock bias on the amp. Most of these I've heard about, and mine, where biased way higher than they should be. That can cause your power amp tubes to go, very quickly. Just check it to make sure.

There also seems to be a few folks, "myself including", that had problems with the reverb not working. In most of the cases I've found, it's just a wire that has come loose, inside the reverb tank. It only takes a few minutes to fix it.

Other than these couple of issues, it's a fine "all around," amp. It covers a lot of ground. It will be very hard to sell if you don't like it, though. I tried selling mine and had no luck at all, I couldn't even sell it for $200. I just decided to keep it for my at home practice amp. I like it better than the few moddelers I've had.

This is a Wayyyyy cool head,,,very authentic metal sounding,,,and the price drop made me :evil: ,,, but make sure you buy it from somewhere they accept returns,,,cuz im smelling something fishy here,,,specially other website have the old price :roll:

I got one as my first tube amp recently. It sounds pretty good. My friend has a black star 50 watt head and my Rt503h can get just as crunchy on the Od 1 channel. I love the cleans on this amp. Very clear. This amp can be pretty tight sounding if dialed in correctly. My reverb is broken though.

darkinuyasha2006 said:
I got one as my first tube amp recently. It sounds pretty good. My friend has a black star 50 watt head and my Rt503h can get just as crunchy on the Od 1 channel. I love the cleans on this amp. Very clear. This amp can be pretty tight sounding if dialed in correctly. My reverb is broken though.

Pull the back panel off, and pull out the reverb tank. There is a wire on one of the connections that will have a bad broken or bad solder joint.
Mine was like that, and talked to several others who the exact same problem. Just resolder the wire back in it's spot. It's an easy fix. Takes about 5 minutes.