1086 with gold face

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only difference I can see is C7 (68uF 50v). Mine is a larger (physically) capacitor. Other than that everything looks the same except the color of C3, C8, C9, C16, and C17. Mine are brown instead of blue (all of them say 223K on them).

James Kindt said:
Only difference I can see is C7 (68uF 50v). Mine is a larger (physically) capacitor. Other than that everything looks the same except the color of C3, C8, C9, C16, and C17. Mine are brown instead of blue (all of them say 223K on them).

I have a black/plain jane 1086 here, everything matches to yours, but I would think that C3 isn't 223, I bet it says 102.

Pete

okstrat said:
I have a black/plain jane 1086 here, everything matches to yours, but I would think that C3 isn't 223, I bet it says 102.

Pete

Yes, you are correct, C3 is not 223, it is in fact .001K which is the same thing as 102. It seems that it is stock circuitry, just different face plate color. What tubes come stock in these modules? All of my other ones came with JJs and this one has EH tubes.

crankyrayhanky said:
That Bald guy in Disturbed is Willie Metal Wonka and you just got the golden mod- now you're in the band!

Really?

I thought it was HOWIE MANDEL?!?!?!?!?

NO DEAL!!!!!!!!!

So they are different different...but why and how? You should e-mail Randall and be like "Dude, what did I win?"

james...if you'd like to exchange it for a normal black one...pm me.

as for how and why, i'm investigating it. pretty cool though.

RD/Steve said:

as for how and why, i'm investigating it. pretty cool though.

Thanks for the offer, but I have grown to like the gold color. It makes me think I have something special! 8)

RD/Steve said:

Back at the Randall plant: Hey charlie, you remember that one-off custom 1086 with all of our new mods for 2009 that came up missing? Well, I found it; now we just have to figure how to get it back.

:D

James Kindt said:
"It makes me think I have something special!" 8)

Perception is the key to everything.

Whatever you do, don't sell it to old Mr. Slugworth (aka RD/Steve).

I hear Mr. Fickelgruber and Mr. Prodnose are after one of the gold faceplates, too!

RD/Steve said:
it's 'extra special' now since the 1086 is discontinued.

Really, when did this happen? I always liked that module. Is there something similar to replace it? I always figured a FB/PB module could cover that territory. Maybe the new Engl module?

Latest posts