11 module shootout available now on Page 4 of this thread

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, the video is too long for youtube standards...It was rejected...

Any other sites I should try to throw it up on?

Thanks,
Mattfig

Edited to add: I'm gonna try to cut it into two parts and reupload...

Edited again to add: Split it into two parts...Now uploading to youtube...Should have links in a bit...

Oh man now I'll have to have 2 ie tabs open at once. How will I cope with this travesty... :lol: I think I'll live.

Again very cool of you to do this project & share it with us all.

Hamner1 said:
Oh man now I'll have to have 2 ie tabs open at once. How will I cope with this travesty... :lol: I think I'll live.

Again very cool of you to do this project & share it with us all.

No problem man...I'd like to say it was a pleasure but it totally wasn't...It was useful for me to learn more about making vids though...Hopefully it'll at least give a few hints to module hunters out there... :)

Link coming in minutes....As soon as youtube processes....

http://soundcloud.com/

You'll need to set up an account. You are limited to total minutes unless you pay for upgrade. I think it's 120 minutes. It doesn't matter if it is even just one track, but don't do that.

I'd also break up the track into several smaller tracks. My ADD kicks in after about 6 minutes.

Mattfig said:
Shootout Video Part One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ewHMEUaJ2w

Shootout Video Part Two: Electric Boogaloo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLKxE-X2Irc
Hmm second video doesn't work ;) EDIT: it's fixed!
I think it didn't upload properly, because when I download it it's 1mb..

On the first vid: awesome!!
Sad to hear that you're down about it man.
I've had this with making pedal clips, it seems easy, but you underestimate it greatly.

I think you chose great licks to display the modules.
Maybe some people will whine about not hearing the Twinface's clean, but the pushed mode is fantastic to hear as well, perfect for those bluesy things!
Edit: you got me there on the second haha, good one!

The 1666 is so aggressive :shock: unreal!
Mamba has that deep but not boomy character, love it :)

Liked the video. I thought that it did a good job of demonstrating a wide variety of tones. The cleans were all really useful sounds. I particularly liked the Loneclean, but the cleaner setting on the Matchvox sounds so sweet. The Mamba and 1666 really have a pronounced "cut" to them. I dig that. The Mash-all was a really full and killer sound as well. The Erecto, though the name is brutally phalic, didn't disappoint. It was just as dense and veiny as one would expect. :lol: You got a great rig there. NO PUN INTENDED. :D Good job.

:)
Cool vids Matt. I have to say that is one quiet rack. That video sold me on the Decimator G String (now is the part where you say it wasn't on :lol: ). I like your vids of the modules (including the Mashall only vid), because you give us the setup (brief & concise), and then it is let the module do it's thing.

Modules: Fig Clean & Jose setting on the Mashall were my favorites. The others were cool but not my cup of tee. If I owned a studio & had your rack setup I would definately have them all as well. There is some great diversity even in the similarities.

What mods did you do to the Clean? I was suprised at how round & unmuddy that module was, even with bridge humbuckers.

Rack is freakin' awesome...I miss my monster setup....too many $ involved though :)

I just watched both parts of the shootout. What a huge task you gave yourself. I think it would probably be better for your sanity and the modules if you could do little videos like you did for the MashALL, that just demonstrate the variety of sounds you can get from each module. Having owned a few of those modules, I can totally understand what a thin slice of the modules sounds the videos present, due to time and sanity limitations hehe

Thanks guys...I guess the vid is serving its purpose...I appreciate the kind words but the next one will be better as I learned a lot in making this one..

As for my clean mod, I just played with lowering the overall gain so it would stop maxing out and make that awful overload sizzle go away, I cleared up some of those really beefy mids and lows that the stock produces and basically let it work like a DI box and let the true guitar characteristics come through...It sounds great with certain guitars and kinda bad on a few others...It's still kinda hit and miss...Glad some of you liked it...

What else? Oh yeah, ISP Decimator G String was active...That is the only reason my rig was so quiet in the vid...That thing is awesome!

So tell me what I should do for the next one...Each module on its own?

I would say that would probably be the way to go on the next vids. Do each module on it's own and really dive into the features/alternate settings. I don't think you need to do every single possible setting.
Although I think the videos did a pretty good job of what types of tone they give you. Maybe instead do individual modules with what ever effects you would use with them.

Thanks for simply MAKING the video. Its much better,imho, than other peoples attempts..even as off the cuff as it was.
So thanks for that.
And thanks for CONSIDERING the use of a re-amp. Its a worthy idea..but sometimes good ideas aren't practical. I get that.
You sound good..and you are lucky to have so much gear..enjoy!!
GtrGeorge

Hamner1 said:
I would say that would probably be the way to go on the next vids. Do each module on it's own and really dive into the features/alternate settings. I don't think you need to do every single possible setting.
Although I think the videos did a pretty good job of what types of tone they give you. Maybe instead do individual modules with what ever effects you would use with them.
I agree with this. :D

And like GtrGeorge said, even with things going wrong and all that is was better than a lot of other tries!

Just don't put too much pressure on it, roll the camera and work through a module ;)
A sincere thanks from me for the trouble man! It's given me some great insight in the character of these modules.

Well done! Thank you for the effort. I hope to pick up a Zoom Q3 soon and do something similar but on a much smaller scale.

It's weird that those pedals still hold up in the right hands...I'd love to hear both units...Especially in a side by side comparison....I've heard some people get some amazing live PA tone outta those....I used to use stuff like that a lot...I obviously don't anymore...But I'd love to hear them in the right hands!

Latest posts