1666 - Rex mortus, vivat rex

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
1666 mod will be soon replaced with another new modification.
I think that this circuit is little underrated, maybe because of the name that evocates that this is only tweaked 1086.
In fact this is little different circuit, that shares Gain Boost (gain beast) and Mid Voicing (mad voicing in 1666) and similarity in design and name.

I think that this mod deserves more attention, no other module sounds like that.
I tweaked the circuit a little and I made decision to introduce new modification based on 1666 circuit.
New mod offers the same capabilites like 1666, but more options are added and design is changed.

Basic 1666 circuit is upgraded in following ways:?
Gain boost is now 3 position switch(crunch, higain, ultra higain) and midvoicing too (3 position from little scooped and sharp through Marshallish voicing to growling recto-like mids).
Noise gate is standard feature of that new beast.
....and I choose different name: CHUPACABRA
Faceplate is designed by our mate Joris aka m0jo and it looks very cool.

Chupacabra coming soon!

Anthony
SALVATION mods

agreed, the 1666 is nothing like the 1086 which was weak and muddy. The 1666 was the angriest mod out there, I wish I still had mine (lost it during a finacial crisis)....but now you give me an excuse to get another, lol

Awesome news, Antonin! You are the man!! Looking forward to hearing more info on this. However much money you are making from these mods, you deserve more. You are part of the reason I bought into the MTS line, and I hope we have you as part of the community for a long time

i've been wanting the 1666 ever since i got into the MTS series. Haven't had the money. I am definitely getting this mod when i have the money...that and the Mash All...possibly the deadplate too...we'll see. I love the Loneclean...i've found the perfect setting for me...all it needs is a good spring reverb.

Rhequiem, I agree with you on both points. Anthony, you are a vital part of this community...the work you do is suburb...You, Pete, and Rob have taken an already great and versatile amp series and made it into something to marvel at. Thank you guys for the time and effort you put into making these mods for us.

rhequiem said:
Btw, I'd love to see the new faceplate for this ;)

Me too ;) Just finished last tweaking of the design.
IMO it is very awesome :) To be a Salvation Mods classic!

Sweet! I am just getting ready to send out a module to Antonin to get transformed into a Stoneverb, but I am already wanting this Chupacabra. Definitely looking forward to seeing and hearing it