1X12 cabs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northwood

Reaction score
whta is the consensus on 1x12 cabs run with 50/50 amps
the 2X12 I have is too heavy to lug around for small gigs

does the stuff generally sound OK with Avatars etc.

if so, what speakers cover the most ground efffectively

thnx
jack

I have a Randall 1x12 cab that I occasionally use with my RM50LB. It sounds okay, but it's no 2x12. I use a WGS British Lead 80 in it, FWIW. I'm planning on using the 1x12 cab with my RM50C, I'm hoping that sounds more like a 2x12...

I use an Egnater 1X12 with a 100 watt Scumback M75 and it sounds great. I do usually pair it with a 2X12 also but it sounds great on its own.

+1 on the siemic. i got one cause i had a celestion g12 k100 laying around. turns out this cab is great. all birch and pretty good construction for a great price. seems like a copy of vht fatbottom. i had the 4x12 vht and this looks just like it. very solid although i had the bypass the mounts and use my own screws no biggie though just worked better for me. the k100 is a great speaker too.

eyeball987 said:
BigBrewtus said:
I really like my Seismic 1x12. All birch and they come with both backs so you can quickly change from an open to closed with just a screw driver. They post themselves that their speakers are barely up to par but their cab is where its at. I have a Eminence Super V in mine.
http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com...htm?searching=Y&sort=2&cat=213&show=16&page=1

I have never heard of these. I do like the price. I might have to check one out.
They have an eBay account too. You can get a great deal on new as well as scratch and dents.

My Mesa/boogie oversized 1x12 sounds as big as my recto 2x12, but I also have a 150w eminence swamp thang in the 1x12 that I run stereo with the recto2x12 :twisted:

+1000 on the Mesa Oversized 1x12, sounds massive, relatively light weight, low cost. it almost sounds like a Recto 4x12 without the punishing volume or weight.

I wasn't in the market for a 1x12, as I already have two Mesa 1x12 ext cabs running slaved off a Mesa Simul-Class 395, but I randomly searched Randall on Amazon last week and found them selling Randall RV112GBs for $155!
Not much more than a Greenback alone, I had to order one. When it arrived it turned out to be an RV112GBBP, the oversized Palomino cabinet with Greenback that fits my RM50B's dimensions. There was a little "Rohs compliant" sticker covering the last two letters on the model # and it was sold as the regular compact GB model, not the wider GBBP which was still listed for $300.
Odd transaction, but worked out great for my wet/dry/wet set-up with the RM50 mini-stack as the center and the stereo Mesa rig running left and right.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003IPCNM2/ref=aw_d_iv_musical-instruments?is=l

I've been recording a Bogner Cube 1x12 for the past seven years but it's a strange beast. If I were to purchase a 1x12 cabinet today, it would be the Mini-Rectifier cab.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MiniRectCabB

I have a Port City 1x12 with a WGS Veteran 30 speaker that Im considering selling because of a new rig I just got. Anyone interested send a PM. I will post a formal message in the classifieds shortly.

I use a custom sized ported J Design - basically full 4 x 12 dimensions but with 1 WGS Verteran 30. Closed or 1/3 open back. About 35lbs -Light and loud!

Mike P said:
I've been recording a Bogner Cube 1x12 for the past seven years but it's a strange beast.

+1 on the Bogner cube - one of the best sounding cabs I've ever had period. Just really hard to use live since so small... unless you have a real shorty head and some kinda amp stand - still way too easy for a spastic singer to knock over!

I just got two Bogner Cubes on Craigslist. I think they sound fantastic! I was about to buy the Egnater Rebel 112X cab, but these popped up for less. I think the Bogners with Vintage 30s sound more like a 4x12 with a nice range of tones and crunch. The Egnaters with Elite 80s sounded much more modern like a Mesa Recto 2x12 cab. Different strokes for different folks. Me being an open back combo guy, the Bogner was a different sound but similar feel, while the Egnaters just had something foreign to me.