3 busted fuses in 2 days.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srrdude

Reaction score
I keep gettin a led indicating a tube failure. I check the fuse, its busted. Three times now. Im using 315ma 250v 20mm fuses, the same as all the other tube fuses but only this one blows. When i replace it, it plays fine for a while until it blows again. Would this be biasing problem by anychance?

Thats kinda what i figured. When it play and the led indicator goes on, the sound seems thin and metallic. Does that mean anything to you?

Try putting that tube in a different socket and see if the problem follows. if so, most likely a bad tube.

srrdude said:
Thats kinda what i figured. When it play and the led indicator goes on, the sound seems thin and metallic. Does that mean anything to you?

Does the tube glow brighter than the others? (i.e. the plates glow red rather than just the filament part)

Seriously I'd suspect the tube. Get a replacement. Put it in, bias it, and try it.

If you keep getting tube failures with the same tube in the same socket, replacing the fuse isnt going to help. You have to replace the tube or it's going to keep blowing. It's probably not a bias issue because you can bias on the hot side and still run fine. If you move the tube to a different socket and then that one blows, you know its the tube thats defective. If you move the tube to a different socket and then the same socket blows (with the different tube) then there's probably something wrong with the head.