Adding an RM4 to existing rig...?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usrname

Reaction score
Incorporate an RM4 into my current rig?

I've playing with my new RM20 all weekend and I'm pretty happy with the range of tones I've been able to get from the modules I have, (Brahma, Mr. Scary, and Grail). In fact I'm thinking of pickup an RM4 in the near future to add to my current set-up, which consists mainly of a Mesa Mark IV and Recto 2x12 w/ V30s.

How exactly would I set it up to use it in conjuction with the MkIV? Through the loop, in front?? I was thinking through the loop return, but that would eliminate my amp's preamp, no?

Thanks for the help.

Also, the amp does have a switchable effects loop, so if I plug in through the return, can I switch between my amp's preamp and the RM4?

I assumed with a setup like that, if you wanted to continue using the Mark IV preamp (and I don't see why you wouldn't :)) then you'd probably set up an A/B (one to the RM4 and one to the Mark IV) with some kind of MIDI switching system? I know the Mark IV is MIDI enabled too, so it should work.