ah crap!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donmecka36

Reaction score
while I was biaing my amp.I took my amp out of standby mode and into the on postion.tube 4 glowed bright red and a white flash of light can from my amp.I turned the bias all the way to the left.in fear of damaging the tube.and then it made a crackling sound.I get no reading with a meter when biaing my amp.also get no sound what so ever.I replaced all my tubes and I still get no sound.

well first try running it at half power.

take two good tubes and run them in the center positions and leave the two outside sockets empty.

I tried that and still nothing.I have tried all the power tubes I have and none of them work.

I called the randall customer service number.I told them about my problem and they said just to replace the tubes.

and the messed up thing is that this is the 2nd time my has broken down this year.I am going to call randall again in the afternoon.

yeah it sounds like the power supply end of it is down if you're getting no sound at all with any tubes.

I'm assuming you're not getting an bias reading either?

best bet would be to open the head up and check all the internal fuses.

when putting new tubes in an amp, make sure to lower your bias all the down before firing up the amp...once fired up...bias accordingly. sometimes...tubes have different draws and when you run at 42ma with a 6L6...i have seen other 6L6's bring that up much higher. i have blown many of power tube fuses this way. (especially when i go 6L6 to el34)

while the mts bias circuit is cool...most guys don't really know the consequences of "bad" biasing. sure...sometimes amps sound awesome at 55ma...but don't expect it to last too long. :twisted:

a friendly tip from one who has had every problem under the sun...and it's usually my own stupidity.