Alright i searched and couldn't find anything.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Reaction score
I have a Marshall 1960B. It can run stereo at 150w per side at 8 ohms. If i got another RM100 how would i use the two in stereo? Or better yet, can I?

If it's anything like most cabs..if you just plug into the side marked Mono...it's 300W Mono (could be 16 or 4Ohms tho') .. if you plug into both sides then voila 150W, 8Ohm per side stereo!

plug one amp into one side @ 8 ohms, and the other amp on the other input @ 8 ohms..... and use a A/B switch to switch between them.

FWIW: I have an HBE A/B/C switch (true bypass) for sale ;)

kylendm said:
Is there anyway to play them both at the same time maybe?

get an a/b switch.....

guitar > input
A - RM100
B - RM100

turn both switches on and both amps will be running.....

the pedal I mentioned will do this in spades, and wont effect your tone at all. It's exactly what I've been using it for, but no longer run a 2 amp set-up.

Oh. Alright sorry didn't know that. :p.

I'm not looking for one but i was just interested as to how it was done.

note that a Hum issue will probably happen...i used a 2prong adapter which killed the hum- not advised for safety concerns- bought a HUMx and it did the trick safely

crankyrayhanky said:
note that a Hum issue will probably happen...i used a 2prong adapter which killed the hum- not advised for safety concerns- bought a HUMx and it did the trick safely

If you use a Axess Electronics BS2 you won't because it has one output that's transformer isolated, which would avoid that annoying 60 cycle hum.

aeroic said:
crankyrayhanky said:

If you use a Axess Electronics BS2 you won't because it has one output that's transformer isolated, which would avoid that annoying 60 cycle hum.

same with the HBE ;)

Juggernaut said:
aeroic said:
crankyrayhanky said:

same with the HBE ;)

totally agree! :)

i think i'm getting a woodie thinking about 2 RM100s going at once...that's a METRIC **** TON of power rattling your nuts. I don't think I could run that through JUST ONE 4x12 :)

I either use the splitting capabilities of the radial tonebone / switchbone or my gcx input / outputs. But the hum is there with both. I tried the humx electrical plug type but no luck. Maybe the guitar cord input / audio humx will work to get rid of the hum with 2 rm100 amps???????

Hey just an idea, but besides the hum issue: why ab? You can run the midi-through of one RM100 to the next RM100's midi-in :) That way they'll switch simultaniously! :D

As for splitters:
- Axess Electronics BS2 (yes it's been mentioned ;) )
- Toadworks Big Banana
- The GigRig Humdinger
All isolated second outputs, and I bet there's a schmillion more. :)

I've been playing with the idea of a stereo setup using two RM4's, two RT250's and 2 or 4 cabs.. It would give you the most massive sound in the world! :)