Amp school class June21-22, 2014

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
Bruce Egnater
Two day amp school seminar
June 21/22, 2014

The class is held at the Detroit School of Rock and Pop in beautiful Royal Oak, Michigan located just North of Detroit (Rock City). The ?Amp School Seminar? is an extension of our highly successful amp building classes. This is a teaching only session. You will NOT be building an amp.

We?ve learned through our experience with the amp building classes that one day of teaching is just not enough time to show you everything. We are offering this two day class as a way to be able to really show you all the really cool stuff that just isn?t feasible in one day. You will learn what all the components do and how they affect the tone. We will discuss biasing, tone shaping and troubleshooting. You will learn about lots of cool modifications that you can do to your own amps (regardless of the brand) and we will demonstrate what those modifications do. There is just so much to teach you. I am really excited to be able to do this.

There are no specific requirements to attend. If you have been through one of our building classes, you already have the basics. If you have never attended one of our building seminars, that is OK. You should have some minimal knowledge of guitar amps and maybe have tinkered with or at least looked inside an amp. Everything is presented in layman?s terms. The last thing we want to do is confuse with a lot of math or abstract theory. I guarantee you will walk out knowing way more than when you came in, regardless of your previous knowledge or skill level.

Schedule for Saturday_Day 1:

9:00AM
Arrival. Breakfast snacks and coffee. Get acquainted.

9:30AM
Class begins. The subjects we will cover the first day will be the basics. You will learn what the function of all the different components and functional blocks are and why they are there. The power supply, power amp, preamp and effects loop will be explained. We provide you with all the documents etc. so you can really understand what is being presented.

We supply lunch at around noon. Take a short break and back to work.

We will go until around 5:00PM or until everyone has had enough for one day.

5:00PM Class dismissed??????.until tomorrow.

Schedule for Sunday_Day 2:

9:00AM-ish
Arrival. Breakfast snacks and coffee.

9:30AM until ??
Class begins. This day is spent clarifying any questions you may have. Of course, you can ask questions during the entire session also. We will detail the basic circuits that make up the building blocks in your amp. We discuss how tones are created and how you can change them by modifying your amps circuits. Some of those modifications will be demonstrated. The knowledge you gain during this session is invaluable. There is just so much I want to teach you and I really am excited about having this opportunity to do so.

We supply lunch at around noon. Take a short break and back to work.

We will go until around 5:00PM or until everyone has had enough. For those of you who know me, you know I could talk about amps forever.

5:00PM Class dismissed??????????

Cost for both days is $300. Email me for registration info or questions.
[email protected]

We have considered taking the classes "on the road". It does add considerable cost that we would need to pass on to the attendees. Still working on options to make that happen.

Class was great fun this weekend. Nice to see my old friends from previous classes, and make some new ones. See the thread about the build class in September in Chicago!!

Latest posts