And the quest begins...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mburg145

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm new to ownership of MTS gear, but not really to the amps themselves.
The other guitarist in my developing band has an RM50 combo with the SL+, Ultra XL, and Blackface.

I recently traded my 6505+ for an RM100S from maximus1. I also got an UXL, KH3, Modern, and Recto - possibly modded to grail. (Questions later, when I can get pics up, on the mods done to some of these. I can't tell what the person had in mind). Purchased a Blackface as well that I have yet to play.

I was wondering if there are some modules other than what I have that would go better with my buddy's setup. We play hard rock and metal for the most part.

(I'm running through an Avatar oversized 2x12 w/ hellatone 60s - worn in celestion V30s, from what i'm told.)

Thanks

This is my bud - I got him into the MTS amps. We'll be playing hard rock-melodic death metal. We're running Drop C as of right now. I just ordered a MTS 2x12 with V30's to push some more air. I'm excited to see how these amps will work together.

Welcome!

for modern rock, you have all the stock bases covered- I would start looking at some custon pro mods to bring it up a level- it's well worth it!

fi you want to seperate yourselves in the "mix" one of you should run 6l6's and the other should run el34's , and don't eq your mods the same way !!!

riff man said:
fi you want to seperate yourselves in the "mix" one of you should run 6l6's and the other should run el34's , and don't eq your mods the same way !!!
Great way to start.Oh and Welcome to the forum

Actually, mine does have 6l6's and his has el34's. I was thinking about possibly doing the kt88 setup, but maybe it wouldn't be worth it?

We wouldn't use the same modules at the same time other than Blackface. I was lucky enough to get that range of gain modules in my trade. I need to figure out what's been done to them, though. The recto has been modded and I have no idea what the c3(i think) cap is. When I get home from vacation I'm going to put up some pictures and questions on the mod and if I should try to fix it, etc.

and thanks.