• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Angel $399 shipped and paypaled

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Time to pay off some mounting debt and release some quality mods...
Prices include shipping and paypal, but if possible please submit paypal under Gift option to avoid the 3% fees (only works if you have a positive balance I believe)

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7387
I've bought/sold/traded modules dozens of times on this forum.
I go by the same name on eBay and other gear sites as well with 100% feedback.

Angel+T $399
options include: tights switch, noise gate, gain switch, & contour
I can't believe this is the last one left?! Wow :!:

(2) TNC ACMP-84 Neve clones $259 each 1 SOLD, the other I keep (?)
Bought during a group buy over at Gearslutz
Great tones...This is basically the same components as found on a Chameleon Labs piece. I had a Chandler Germanium for awhile and this thing held it's own against it, certainly impressive when looking at the price tags! Never thought I would sell it, but I acquired an 8110 and these pres don't get utilized as much as they ought to for the pro sound they deliver.
These pieces do not have the issues associated with some of the others- cheap group buy usually means risk in quality control. I received an early batch and was lucky to get 100% satisfaction. There is a "pop" on the gain knob that occurs when switching the gain past the midway point- that is in all of the pres as I understand. Oh well, small sacrifice considering the quality it delivers.

Gigimods KH3 $319 SOLD
Enhanced bass version yields huge low end power- bass cap switch push/pull on the gain. When dialed in (more mids, less treble), this module has a great lead tone to it that reminds me of the Mark but with even more smooth gain. Dial in a smile eq and it's crunch city. I usually never put the gain past noon on this one. There is a video clip of this very mod when it was being created from Gigimods.

Digitech Hardwire Reverb $99 SOLD
Mint. Comes with original paperwork/packaging.
Line level ability makes it work perfect in mts loops.
Only used a few times in my house before I acquired an rm50 with reverb.
The sounds in this pedal are great and versatile.

Gigimods TopBoost $249 SOLD
PushPull on the gain switch gives more authentic Vox overdrive or modern high gain. This mod is way undervalued, it has a flexibility to go Strat friendly blues to soaring modern hard rock leads. I had a stock SuperV for a few days and dealt it off because this TopBoost is vastly superior- still has chime but has a full bodied warmth that Gigmods always provides.
Blackfaceplate

Salvation 1666 $399 SOLD
This may have the most clarity combined with brutality of any mod when down tuning. Devastating.

Jaded Faith Ultra/XL $219SOLD
2way bass cap switch and 3way mid frequency switch provides oodles of tones. At times reminds me of the tones I get from my 1666 & Angel- too much overlap here and not enough debt relief--best deal on the board.
Black faceplate style

Joly?s Oktava MK-219 mod with Premium Electronics $299 SOLD
Sent out my 219 for this upgrade in 2006. Comparable to mics in the $2k-$3k range (check out the shootouts on oktavamod?s page, this mic fared very well against the pricey competition).
The mod included cutting out the circuitry for the -10 pad to increase quality; so while it sounds great on guitar cabs, you would not want to push too much volume with this mic right up on the grille (same with other aggressive loud sources like inside a kick drum). Stellar results on acoustic guitars and drum room, but where it shines is Vocals, absolutely stunning.
I can?t sing at all?now that my bands are defunct this mic is not being utilized enough. I ordered two of these, sold one off last year in a financial pinch and sadly will let this one go too. At this point I?d prefer to keep my guitar based gear this studio tool. For anyone who is new to his work, you have to check him out- he is a genuis at these mods and a nice guy to deal with as well.

Oktava case and mic clip included

I can?t find the certificate, but on the website you can see my review that Mr. Joly posted.
http://www.oktavamodshop.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=30&reviews_id=62&osCsid=kqgjhhtjj

Thanks for shopping!

possibly interested in angel. pictures?

also, how would you compare the angel and 1666? looking for something saturated, tight, brutal. i had an Engl before and loved it. not so much into the typical recto tone

eddie

I may be able to get pics up later...for now check out the thread
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=8878&start=15

It looks like the one with the tight switch- in fact the one in the pics may be mine as I he posted them right around the time mine was being created

As for the 1666 Angel comparison, that is a tough one. Similar ballpark, I'd say I enjoy the scooped sounds of the 1666 and the mid boosted sounds of the Angel...but really both scoop and mids tones are killer on both mods.

1666 may be more brutal in terms of anger; Angel has more brutatilty but in a more versatile way
Perhaps the 1666 lends itself to 7 string drop A tunings better than any mod I've had, the Angel has more voicings that work with E, Eb and D
But again, both work well in either tunings...

All of this is personal opinion, bound to have different views by different players- bottom line: they really are fanatstic modules, neither need a boost , plug and play terrorizing rock/metal

Is there any way to do a quick clip where you toggle between the two? You'd be the bomb diggity if so. I want one of these. Likely the angel. But I'd like as good of an idea the difference before dropping 400+

Eddie

I'm at work now and kind of swamped...I'll see if I can get something recorded, but in the meantime I hope you checked out Salvations clips...his studio and players are so skilled that it's almost embarrassing trying to follow that up!

crankyrayhanky said:
I'm at work now and kind of swamped...I'll see if I can get something recorded, but in the meantime I hope you checked out Salvations clips...his studio and players are so skilled that it's almost embarrassing trying to follow that up!

i checked out the clips. i dont recall the 1666 clip, but the angel clips destroys. wow.

the problem is, those are both mixed and tweaked to make the clip sound as good as possible

if you stuck a mic (no matter how good of mic or where) anywhere in the room and did a clip where you toggled back and forth, it would be a true 1:1 comparison of how the modules differ which is what im really looking for

Eddie

if you stuck a mic (no matter how good of mic or where) anywhere in the room and did a clip where you toggled back and forth, it would be a true 1:1 comparison of how the modules differ which is what im really looking for

I spent an hour figuring out how to produce my first YouTube video with your exact request in mind
But by the time I finished, the 1666 sold

Here it is anyway
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9656

as much as i want the angel, i'll probably pass. the mod also has a "mid edge" switch which "revoices upper mids for more or less aggressive tone"

so if i end up getting it (probably will) i will just get it modded from them

and its encouraging to know that within a few hours of listing everything, most of it is pending or sold

People are obviously starting to financialy recover from Christmas. Lol because sales where dead for awhile and now everything if flying Am I the only one still broke. Lol

i scored a deal on a rm100kh that includes a 1666. cant wait to hear it. and if i need to sell it, if this thread is any indicator, i wont have any problems

yep. good eye :) i originally just came here to get 10 posts so i could spam classifieds looking for a deal on a rm100 :)

just curious. to be selling all these super modded clones and so forth, may i ask what your preferred high gain module is right now? do you have a keeper?

Hard to believe the Angel is still there...every minute tests my willpower!!! :D

deadcat said:
just curious. to be selling all these super modded clones and so forth, may i ask what your preferred high gain module is right now? do you have a keeper?

A recent addition to my collection is the Mamba- this thing fits my rig, my tastes, and my playing style (sloppy) perfectly. I am also happy to have Salvo's Stonerverb which is an undertalked about piece. For over 2 years my goto piece is a Gigmods SL+ that I cleanboost, as well as the GigRecto (orange) for leads. But now I have the Mark coming back from the shop with extra switches that will take over most leads.

Pretty much ga-ga love the Mamba and the Mark right now; I looked at my collection and realized I need cash in other places (as well as non-musical places). It is painful to let these mods go, I really enjoy them and they could be the perfect mod in another situation for sure. Everybody's different; for instance, my playing is a bit undisciplined, sloppy, and contains excessive pick attack- therefore a VHT amp would not work for me. The Mamba is a metal beast that does work for me- but for others it may sound too warm. Too many varibales for individual players to generalize which mod is the best.

But there is a twisted irony to having so many mods- at one point I had over 2 dozen, all modded out. With that many options and endlesss happiness, I winded up having "module war" all the time at the expense of songwriting and recording. Too many mod combinations, switches, heads, tubes, guitars, strings, etc. Sort of like when I was told to choose a health care plan and they gave me 10 options- you wind up stuck in indecision.

Module war is fun but obsessively consuming. Now I am under 10 mods, ready to pay some debt and buy some different gear (compu upgrade? New Charvel?) and ready to write/record new material. .

Notice I just talked about the hi gain stuff- there's a whole essay on non metal mods I can write another day....

oops offtrack...
ANGEL still available!

Latest posts