• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone have an RT2\50 they are selling?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlagdog

Reaction score
I got an AXEFX2 in October and think I need a poweramp for it. Plus I should finally get one for my RM4. Let me know if anyone has a good priced one. I have I bunch of stock modules I could possible trade since I haven't really been using the Randall stuff. I've been more using my 6505+ for the last 6 months.

PLEASE PM ME!!!!!!! Already been poached once on a deal.

I like it but not totally blown away and think the price of the thing is just a total joke. They better watch out or when the Kemper gets more of a push it is going to steal there business. The new firmware update that came out made it sound way better but im still trying to get a good sound through an actual cab. It's been sounding a little thin so far. It sure is handy for recording direct which is really the reason why I wanted to get it.

Try a MAKO MAK4 and you will be blown away and much cheaper than a AXE FX... Really well built too.

ibenhad said:
Try a MAKO MAK4 and you will be blown away and much cheaper than a AXE FX... Really well built too.

That seems far too close to just having an RM4 and modules which I already have.

You may already know this but musicgoround has (3) RT 2/50's and used guitarcenter also has one.

Have you guys used your Axe FX in the 4CM with your modules? I use it that way with my RM100 so I can still use my modules with the effects but also access the other amp sims in the axe that I don't have represented with modules.

I don't want to highjack the thread and turn it into an Axe Fx vs. MTS discussion but I have been plesasantly surprised at how well it interacts with the modules as well as how clean the powersection of the RM100 seems to be with the axe fx amp sims, including leaving on the power amp sims.

If you are still looking I have a very clean Randall RT2/50 with Ruby el34 and Ruby 6550 tubes home use only kept in rack low use.
JefferyM
lots of + transactions here and ebay and other forums. 400+ sh paypal gift option or add 3% to cover paypal fees

JMelton said:
If you are still looking I have a very clean Randall RT2/50 with Ruby el34 and Ruby 6550 tubes home use only kept in rack low use.
JefferyM
lots of + transactions here and ebay and other forums. 400+ sh paypal gift option or add 3% to cover paypal fees

Best price I've seen on an RT2/50 - someone snag this bad boy!

And I mean OP who's looking for it.

JMelton said:
JefferyM

I'll PM you.

Still looking for an amp. SPECIAL THANKS TO WHOEVER POACHED MY DEAL IN THE 2 MINUTES IT WAS TAKING ME TO DIAL THE PHONE AFTER BEING OFFERED THE AMP IN PM!!!

Wow seriously someone grabbed it under you? That sucks man - JMelton hook him up the guy wants it.

If you want power for the AxeFX you should seriously consider a full-range power amp, rather than one tuned specifically for guitar like the RT2/50. The AxeFX is supposed to provide all aspects of the tone, including poweramp tone. Ideally, you'd just want to amplify the signal as evenly as possible, and amp made specifically for guitar won't do that. If you want to hear the AxeFX in it's truest form you'll need something more hi-fi or meant for sound reinforcement. Check out Carvins SS PA amps.
:wink:

SacredGroove said:
If you want power for the AxeFX you should seriously consider a full-range power amp, rather than one tuned specifically for guitar like the RT2/50. The AxeFX is supposed to provide all aspects of the tone, including poweramp tone. Ideally, you'd just want to amplify the signal as evenly as possible, and amp made specifically for guitar won't do that. If you want to hear the AxeFX in it's truest form you'll need something more hi-fi or meant for sound reinforcement. Check out Carvins SS PA amps.

I have a carvin and a mosvalve 500 that are both solid state and they sound crappy compared to just running it through any of my 4 tube amp heads power sections. It's a good unit for direct tone but as far as running it through a poweramp as a preamp it is a struggle to get it to really sound like a real amp. Most guys who use it live just go straight direct but I like having I good sounding setup through a cab also. Ty Tabor is using it live with his Randall 2/50's so it should be good enough for me. About 90% of dudes who use it live just don't bother with the poweramp and cab. They take a nice little light rack on tour now.

SacredGroove said:
That sounds like great advice. Here is a link to a really cool one that doesn't even need a fan and weighs only 4 pounds!!!
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=DCM200L
100W@8Ohms per channel with switchmode power supply. Mike P pointed this one out on another thread. BTW: It's on sale right now. :D

Like I said a minute ago. The AXEFX really isn't the greatest for emulating the tube power section through a cab especially with a solid state poweramp. My goal was to get it and hopefully scale down and sell some amps. Well I have have it for 4 months and still haven't sold any of my many heads.

I always wanted ot try one of the Carvin poweramps through the Axe, but alas, just sold my Axe II. Did you read that Cliff is going to be implementing amp profiling (a la the Kemper) soon? Kinda kicking myself for selling it so quickly (and so cheaply! :? ). It seems like the Axe II especially is marketed and targeted more to the FRFR crowd... Did you ever try an Ultra/Standard?

rhequiem said:
I always wanted ot try one of the Carvin poweramps through the Axe, but alas, just sold my Axe II. Did you read that Cliff is going to be implementing amp profiling (a la the Kemper) soon? Kinda kicking myself for selling it so quickly (and so cheaply! :? ). It seems like the Axe II especially is marketed and targeted more to the FRFR crowd... Did you ever try an Ultra/Standard?

Didn't try the others but I had a long chat with OLA ENGLUND about the AXEFX and the Kemper at NAMM. He told me he was kinda annoyed with the AXEFX2 because he had an Ultra and sold it and said he couldn't hear any difference in the axefx2. He went and schmoozed Kemper because they didn't have any good high gain tones. So they gave him a Kemper and you see he is now profiling metal amps for them. Cliff better add profiling of amps because the Kemper does more stuff and is only $1800.