Anyone have more info on this vintage Randall head+cab?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xixor

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

this is my first post to the Randall amp forum. I am trying to find some more info about my Randall amp.

The story of the purchase: I was in the market for a head & cab, or similar amp. Something with enough firepower to do some damage without breaking the bank. I went to all the local guitar stores and pawn shops to see what was available. There wasn't much in the used market, unless you wanted an over priced Marshall cabinet and correspondingly overpriced head. I went to one last shop, and was poking around. All they had were some $3000+ mesa boogie setups. I was poking around, and beneath a huge pile of boxes and promo-material (I think it was material B.C. Rich promo stuff), I saw some wood paneling, and the word "Randall". Curious, I removed boxes, and lo-and-behold, a 4x12 cab, and head with a sign on it, "Make me an offer.". So, I made an offer (I think $300 CDN), which was accepted, paid cash, (I recall having to live off about $25 for the next few weeks).

Anyhoo, here are pics:

From the photos, the only marking on the cabinet says, "Randall Instruments Inc", Model "E-412", Serial "1005", 4 Ohms

and the only identifying info on the head is :

Watts: 200
Model: <BLANK>
Serial: 5959

I emailed the guys at Randall about it, curious to its year and what-not, but they couldn't tell me much. They said it was from before Randall was purchased by US Music (?? in 1990??), so they didn't have much info on it. They passed it onto an engineer there, who said it might be similar to an RG-180, and passed me this schematic:

But didn't seem too sure of whether it was actually similar, or not.

Anyone know anything about it this amp? year, model number, etc?

Thanks,

xixor.

Latest posts