RM50 Head Replacement parts?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReddyTones

Reaction score
Hi ya'll I'm a newbie here at this forum, so I am asking for some advise. I just picked up a RM50 Head with a Black Face and 1086 Modules included, at a pawn shop for $200 (Good deal? I thought so) I'm sure a big reason it was low priced, the previous owner took a black sharpie to it (it's tan) & did some Picaso work to it... including the Randall logo plate & the cloth grill.
I am looking to replace the parts (logo & cloth grill) & re-tolex it. Anyone have either of those parts or a suggestion for tolex? I was thinking about a different color since I have to do the job anyway... not that big on tan color.
So far the amp seems to be in working order. I had to "borrow" the speaker from my combo amp to test it... don't have a cabinet yet.
Thanks in advance for any advice

Holy hell that's a good price!! The tolex Randall uses as far as I can tell is the same as Mesa, texture is called Taurus. You can get it anywhere, just generic stuff. Google search will turn up all the results you'd ever want. Same with the grill material, google what you want to put on there.. Nice Score!!

Oh, and I'd probably wait till I got a cab, then match the tolex and grill to what you get.

Thank Warlok. Yes I'd planned to wait just a bit, but I was thinking maybe of doing a head and cab re-tolex match. I saw a YouTube vid of an early LynchBox that was green, but the texture was very heavy... I liked it! But I'll see what comes my way.
I think the logo is going to be harder to replace. I searched the web with no results for an exact match
Thanks again for your advice!
Peace!

I grabbed a logo from Caine on here quite a while ago but don't see them up for sale very often. I'm actually thinking about replacing the badges on my amp and cab with Jaded Faith ones he sells on his website. I'll have them soon and decide when they get here.

Latest posts