Anyone here using the Eminence Tonker?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpitfireMusic

Reaction score
I am thinking of swapping the Celestion Greenback that came in my 1x12 Randall cabinet for an Eminence Tonker and was wondering if anyone else on here had tried the same thing. I couldn't really find anything specific in the search feature. Maybe I wasn't sure where to look.

Nothing wrong with the Greenback just on the hunt for better tone (which never seems to end).

I've read that the Tonker and Tonkerlite are more Fane-like which appeals to me as I'm planning on using Hiwatt and Orange style mods with my RM22 into that cab. I figured being a more balanced sounding speaker (from what I've read and heard online) that it would also work well with my other mods.

If a Fane clone is what you're looking for i highly recommend the Reeves Vintage Purple. Reeves has spent their time mastering the Hiwatt circuit and it would make sense that their take on a speaker would be right on. I love mine.

It's made by Warehouse for Reeves. Love it

My C-Watt and 50R kill with this speaker. I have a Creamback with it in a 2x12 so I get a great Marshall base for the Duoplex but there is enough brightness and punch for clean and mid gain vintage mods as well.

Perhaps that would be more my ticket than, thanks for the suggestion. The only reason I look at Eminence first is due to being able to acquire them at wholesale.

But I'm not one to say no to a great sounding product.

people do like Eminence, and they are cheaper. The Reeves was designed around 70's era Fanes being dissected and replicated. Don't know about the Tonker but i bet you still get a mid hump ala standard British Celestion sound.....The Reeves does not have that

Latest posts