Back in the MTS Saddle- clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance-a-not

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Haven't been here for a few years, just acquired a Lynchbox with a Sacred Groove XTC, a Jaded Faith 59RR and a Grail... Diggin the hell out of it, so I did a REALLY quick slop and goof-off take of the XTC in blue. Television levels, Xotic BBmb as a boost=
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11583575

Love the playing, hate that you used that module...
Because it is now another $#%$%# must have. (sigh).

I love that type of tone, and to have that level of gain work? Old school tone IMO. As a huge Saga fan, that type of playing (though I am guessing many have no idea it is similar) grabs my attention. What cab/speakers?

That clip kicked all sorts of ***.... you've got some serious chops there. The whammy abuse reminded me a bit of Andy Laroque (King Diamond), fast melodic runs and excellent execution. Dig it and dig the tones. I bet you'd sound good with that BB pushing a stock plexi module though.

Had no idea you were into MTS before....don't see you post so much anywhere on the forums these days.

Killer clip and chops man! \m/

Thanks very much for checking it out, and for the way too kind words for this hacked slop... This was just a quick tone test, but I still appreciate it!!!

The cab is a custom made 2x12 with Jensen Neodymium Jet speakers owned by a friend, Sennheiser E609 mike

No whammy was used anywhere, all my weirdo vibrato... Haven't used a bar in a LONG time, but I love Andy LaRocque!! Saga was cool too!

I had an RM50 about 5 years ago, and a RM80 combo a one or two years before that. Always dug the amps, but the modded stuff out now is killer and goes far past what I had.

My friend who I got this from, and got me hooked again (thanks Kev!) has a smokin collection of modules... Of course I have gas for several more, like most here.

Thanks again Guys, I'll put up some better stuff soon

Cool track and great playing. The vibrato reminded me of Lynch type stuff too. Like the blue channel SG XTC. I am getting a red channel built.
I hope to get a blue soon after. Welcome back and I hope to hear more!

Rising Farce said:
Great stuff. I love hearing fast playing that isn't all legato.

Now I have to go practice.
Jay, you and this guy need to do a track together.
It could cause people to have vertigo! hahaha

You should all check out his album at lugosismile.bandcamp.com

I bought it , it's \m/

Will check it out!
Listened to the clip again... and then bought a **** XTC module on ebay (NOS from a store in Mn).

nikki-k said:
Will check it out!
Listened to the clip again... and then bought a **** XTC module on ebay (NOS from a store in Mn).

Nice score - if you like the tone in the clip I suggest contacting Sacred Groove for his XTC mod since that's what was in the clip. Unfortunately the stock XTC is quite different then what you hear in this clip and Sacred Groove's version is much more accurate to the real deal not to mention comes with more options. I love my SG XTC LE and it will never leave my collection.