Bad ground? Almost got zapped...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerguy1010

Reaction score
I own a Randall RM100, Ohm set to 8, into the appropriate Randall cab. I was messing with my pedals, and had my forearm resting on the tune-o-matic portion of my bridge. The amp was on, and I was holding the cable leading from the amp, to the pedals, which was now unplugged, but I was getting the ground sound. I started to feel a sharp/burning feeling on my forearm where it was resting on the bridge. I checked to see if there was maybe a burr or something on the bridge, nothing. So I tried it again. Same feeling.

This was the set up at the time:

amp---me---boss tuner---tube screamer---guitar

Fearing possible destruction of my gear, and myself, where should I start looking to fix this issue? My amp is plugged into a Hum-X, which is plugged into a power strip, and into the wall. Everything there is cool to the touch, no strange smells, smoke, anything....

At the risk of becoming the first Darwin award for 2011, any suggestions on what may have caused this? Is there a ground switch on the amp i'm not seeing?

I should also add, my signal drops considerably when I plug anything into the boss Tuner. For example, if I only have the tuner in line, signal is fine. If I only have the tube screamer in line, signal is fine. But the two combined, I have a substantial loss in signal strenght.