Bare Knuckle Pickups

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempora

Reaction score
Ive been playing with emg pickups for about 2 years know and there amazing. But a lot of people in the u.k are going mad over bare knuckle pickups. I talked to the bass tech for megadeth and he said he just ordered some in for his guitar because there the loudest meanist pickups you can get. They are 10 time louder then emg actives and look much beterr. I dont know if there big in america yet but im going to try and pick a couple up asap.

I hear the Warpig model is as heavy as EMGs yet is completely passive.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/reviews/warpig.pdf

my cousin steve just got an artist model made for him. I was gonna order some pigs but i needed something like THEN and couldnt wait. They're supposed to own

I have a set of Bareknuckle Miracle Man pickups in my Ibanez RGA121 Prestige. I will say they are some of THE best pickups I've played ever! they are a tad expensive ($330 here in the US) but I already bought a second set (went for Rebel Yell pickups) for my custom guitar that is being built by Ron Thorn. They are definately some high quality pickups IMHO! :D

TheAbomb12 said:
I hear the Warpig model is as heavy as EMGs yet is completely passive.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/reviews/warpig.pdf

The Alnico Warpig has a slightly lower output than the warpig, but the big big boost in dynamics and HUGE low end makes the warpig sound much much "Heavier."

I've only heard the alnico Warpig in person. I heard the ceramic Warpig is even more powerfull, more evil, more heavy, and really tight, and still had a lot of dynamics compared to the EMG 81. If only someone near me had a ceramic warpig that I could hear! I'm going to get one in my next guitar, which will be tuned to drop c. Chugga chugga.

I just ordered a set. Black Dog Neck and Holy Diver bridge. You can go to the website and look in the players section and view tons of clips. They sound really dynamic to me which is why I purchased a set. Im using a Gibson Voodoo swamp ash body that comes stock with the 496R and 500T which I dont think sound all that great.
Ill be doing before and after recordings so you can hear for your self.
Shane