beater bass for recording

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedemon

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Looking for a cheap bass to do some tracking with, any suggestions? I played a bunch of $200 - 300 ones at Guitar Center tonight, and they are all;

1) bigger or smaller

2) Chinese

Thanks!

A decent Ibanez would be cool.

Or look for some old haggard 70's or 80's basses that you can refurbish some for cheap.

Peavey Zodiacs are great if you can find them used :)

Ok,

I don't play bass, but after doing some digging I found that the Squier Affinity is alder/maple/rosewood, can be had for ~$100, and the regular Precision pkup is $62, and my repairman charges $40 for setup and install, which will land me at around the same price as a new one of the cheapest bass available.

There is also a Fender Standard P for around $250, which will prob have slightly better hardware and construction, but is it worth it if I prob can't tell?

So I guess I am wondering if it will make a difference to my amateur hour POD/PC recording, to get a regular precision type bass or one of those skinny neck, low action basses that won't be much of a departure from my guitar?

Thanks!