BEBB vs BE modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unearth

Reaction score
Getting back into modules again and been wanting to get some form of a BE module and have the opportunity to get a BE module for half the cost of a BEBB module. I'm sure the BEBB is amazing but not sure if it's really worth spending the extra to get the BB channel. Are the BE and BB channels that much different?

Drastically so, the BB is a very thick and glassy sounding twin thing, BE is more a Marshall mod, it's a very good module. I'd have to say I like the BB clean more than the BE but I also have a BE DLX which has all that and more but not a great clean.

oh ok, good to know. I assumed the BB channel would be a similar Marshall flavour but guess I was wrong.

The "Buxom Betty" as Friedman names them is his take on a beefed up twin far as I know. More a clean design than gain. I still like it but due to only 4 at time I am using the T DLX for my cleans very similar to the BB I think. Vai's module has a great clean similar to the BMAN module clean. HIgh gain on that is more intense to me but has that signature Vai high gain. I am running the Deliverance, T DLX, BE DLX, and 6505 modules at present. Covers everything for me.

Latest posts