Behringer FCB1010 + RM4/RM100 + Rocktron Xpression Midi tips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harsh

Reaction score
Hi All,

I saw some posts saying that a lot of guys were struggling to pair the Behringer FCB1010 with the RM4/RM100. I bought an FCB1010 not realising how difficult it would be to set up! :shock:

I plugged the FCB into the RM4 yesterday, and not suprisingly, it wouldn't work. :roll: So, as most of the Midi threads said, I opened up the top of the RM4 to change the Midi channel to 1. But it was already set to 1, and the Midi switches were on! The Behringer was also on channel 1. No matter what I did, they just wouldn't talk to each other :cry:

Anyway, after fiddling with it till 3 in the morning I think I found the easy solution - I set the RM4 to 16 and set up the Behringer to channel 16 as well - instructions from another helpful user here:

ocaptainjr2 said:
Dont' known if it helps, but I had to go into the program mode of the PCB1010 and change it to midi channel 16 for it to work...I was too lazy to change the RM4 and it came set to midi channel 16 from the factory.

From the manual...

1. Press the DOWN button for 2-3 seconds while powering up the FCB1010. Now you?re in global configuration mode. The direct select LED will light
up.
2. Press the ENTER/UP button once. The midi function LED will flash.
3. Select the function you would like to change (button 1-10). The red LED on this button will start to flash now. You can read the current MIDI channel
for this function in the display now.
4. If you want to change this MIDI channel, press the ENTER/UP button to confirm the selection.
5. Now you can change the MIDI channel number for the function you?ve selected using the number Keys.
6. Press the ENTER/UP button to confirm.

Some guys say you cant save these settings coz the FCB doesnt have memory - thats incorrect. Press the down button for 5 seconds, and your settings will be saved.

Now, my chain is Behringer Midi Out-> Rocktron Xpression Midi in(Midi channel set to Omni), Xpression Midi thru -> RM4 Midi in.

Map your Xpression presets to the RM Modules using Program Changes on the Xpression, depending on how you want to pair your effects to modules. There's another thread on the forum explaining how to do that.

Phew, that was a lot of typing. hope this helps someone!

PS: My next step tonight would be to setup tap tempo, volume swell, etc using the expression pedals. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to do this easily. If anyone has any insight on setting up the FCB1010 expression pedals, please post here.

Latest posts