Best Classic Rectifier modelling

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durchgedreht

Reaction score
Hi,

just looking for the most accurate modlue which gives you the classic Mesa Dual Rectifier Sound.

Any ideas?

Yup + 1 on the JF Erect - I also like the Egnater dual Erect it?s pretty good and that said JF base modded me a Randall Modern it kicks some serious *** and they are all in that classic recto type territory!

The JF ERect really nails it for me, most notably in the "feel" department. It has a certain "looseness" to it that just feels right, which you can of course alter using the tight switch.

How does it compare against the Randall stock one? Is that one crap?
Anyone has a comparison to the Salvo mods?

The JF Erect is next on my list but what has been holding me off ordering is the Gigmods Recto I have. If you can find one it is well worth a try. Awesome recto tones.

SG diablo. Really nails the pre 500 recto. I am really impressed how SG nailed the three modes of a channel in this mod.

I had the stock Randall recto or whatever it was called. I had Rob mod it to the Erect for me and it added a whole new dimension. I don't use that tone very often, but when I do, it feels and sounds just like I want.

JF Erect is my favorite module I have. I couldn't say if it nails a real recto or not, but I love this module!

I have the SG Diablo, Salvation Dreadplate II, and the Jaded Faith Erect.

For the duel recto sound it's the Erect all the way!

With that said I have these mods set to give me very differant tones and I Love them all for what they give me! :D

Between JF Erect, Salvo Deadplate and Mamba SE, every recto mod has it's own flava.
Here's my taste bud..
JF red channel
Salvo Deadplate orange channel
Holy Sh%&*!t Mamba kills 'em all :lol: :twisted:

Anomaly said:
Between JF Erect, Salvo Deadplate and Mamba SE, every recto mod has it's own flava.
Here's my taste bud..
JF red channel
Salvo Deadplate orange channel
Holy Sh%&*!t Mamba kills 'em all :lol: :twisted:

I was thinking about getting a Deadplate but if the Mamba can be tamed to sound like the Deadplate i would get the Mamba. Or are the modules tone stacks completely different?

Im telling you dude save yourself a long wait time and gain alot of versatility with the jf erect it does the high gain stuff amazingly well but can also do the mid-gain stuff very well basically has a vintage/modern switch and an orange and red channel.
-mp-

The Jaded Faith Snake Bite, or in my case the limited edition VENOM 1 :twisted: is arguably the best modified Dual Recto mod there is. It's like a Mamba SE with a TS-9 boost built directly into it.

Nothing dude. If you want recto, look elsewhere (not mts). Without the recto tube in the PA, it just doesn't sound right.

I guess that also throws out the Mesa Single Rectifiers and rackmount Rectifier stuff.

dcg8 said:
The Jaded Faith Snake Bite, or in my case the limited edition VENOM 1 :twisted: is arguably the best modified Dual Recto mod there is. It's like a Mamba SE with a TS-9 boost built directly into it.

Have you compared it head to head with a live Mamba SE? The Mamba 'kill' switch is supposed to emulate an OD out front too. I was having a really hard time deciding between the two. There are just way more Mamba clips out on the internet and not enough Snakebite to get a good feel for them without hearing them in person, from my research.

Totenkampf said:
Have you compared it head to head with a live Mamba SE?

As opposed to a DEAD Mamba SE?

Yep, sure have...Snakebite hands down for me. I've had 3 Mambas over the years, with and without the "Dif" and a "gold" version. Including...I THINK... the one YOU just bought :D I wish I had kept one so I could have done a throwdown.....anyone have both?

Seriously, I'm surprised there isn't more love for this mod, maybe there aren't enough out there. It's just absolutely perfect for me and the high gain tone I'm after, it's practically all I've played on the high gain side of things since I got it.

Wow hands down huh? That's saying something. I guess I will have to keep on the lookout for a snakebite too then. I liked both soundclips on the respective websites, I don't think I could go wrong with either one. The mamba SE clips often seem to have the OD function on whereas the snakebite demo doesn't seem to be driven like that. There definitely needs to be more demos out there for the latter.

From the available clips alone, the mamba sounded a bit more crushing in the low end. It's hard to compare when you don't know the power sections involved on both sides.