Best Rock Rythm Module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durchgedreht

Reaction score
Hi,
I', looking into getting some hotter module than my beloved Plexi. I also own a KH-3 which is kind of nice, but a little too much for me. I'd like to have some module I can record rythm playing.

Style from Classi "Hellacopters" to modern PunkRock with a little more gain.

Would consider mods from JF and especially Salvo as I'm based in EU.

Thanks!

Id say the plexitweed for mid gain rock and the 59rr custom for anything higher gain than that.. classic marshall tones covering the entire gamut of classic rock tones.. and can do newer stuff with the 3rd gain stage engaged!
-mp-

You might like the JF erect it has a vintage/modern setting and a red and orange channel and on the vintage setting on the orange channel you can get some great mid gain mesa tones. The best metal module out there but very versitile.
-mp-

The Friedman mods really are thick mid gainers. I should never have sold my Brown Eye but the Freidman Brahma is pretty close. Still thick especially if you add a little delay.

I also have a friedman brahma which I like a lot but i am not sure if it would be much more gain than a stock plexi?? Never tried a stock plexi. How about a plexi + ??!!

Thanks everybody. That has given me as a MTS newbie a quick introduction. After some research and MP3 listening I build up a preference list:

Salvo Camerock
Salvo Mash-oldano
JF SL-OD 100
JF 1959RR
Salvado deluxe
Salvo Marsh ALL Plus
Salvo Mandarine Stonerverb

Let's verify those sounds in real. Looking forward for some new modules :)

Just Curious nobody mentioned the SL-OD 100?
The Demos sounded pretty nice. Not as compressed as the 59 custom, but pretty defined and open.

Don't you have a look on the XTC (JF) or Xtacy (Salvo) modules?
Both seems incredible, not for modern metal, but for old school "bad" Heavy Rock rythm stuff ! :twisted: