BLUESY BLUES

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter420

Reaction score
I WOULD LIKE OPINIONS ON A BLUES MODULE. NOT REALL CLEAN, MORE RAUNCHY TYPE OF BLUS. MODDED OR UN-MODDED IS FINE.
THANKS GUYS!

IM TOO FAT AND LAZY FOR PROPER GRAMMAR. AND MY HANDWRITING LOOKS LIKE A 3RD GRADER SCRIBBLING, SO I JUST WENT TO ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LONG AGO. WHY DO WE USE LOWER CASE AGAIN? SEEMS THE SYSTEM JUST TOLD US TO, AND WE LISTENED

**** the system if you wish, but all caps indicates shouting which is not nice. Besides if you always type in caps then when you wish to shout how will you type?

Peace, Joshua

CAPS REQUIRE PROPER USAGE OF PUNCTUATION WHICH NO ONE REALLY KNOWS HOW TO DO.

5TRAT + tUBeScR34mEr > bLaCkfaC3 oR d3LuX3

this thread isn't going to end well....

I would use a low-med gain module..like a Deluxe or JTM and boost or overdrive in front of it (a Ts808 ought to do it).
and yeah I admit Im selling a pristine Deluxe module,stock for $125 in the classifieds..
but hey my advice is still valid.
GtrGeorge

I play primarily blues. I wind up with Top Boost and SL+.
Also, JJ 6V6s for output tubes.
What you must remember with the Top Boost is the treble control will cut
mids past 12 o'clock.

RIGHT NOW GETTING GOOD BLUES TONES WITH THE DELUXE + BLACKFACE + TOP BOOST AND AS OTHERS HAVE SAID YOU WILL DO WELL WITH A GOOD TS-STYLE BOOST IN FRONT FOR EXTRA GOOSING LIKE TS-808, OD-1 ETC

JUDGING FROM CLIPS I WOULD SAY THE JTM SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER GOOD CONTENDER BUT REALLY THE FIRST THREE MENTIONED COVERS A LOT OF GROUND FOR BLUES FROM CLEAN TO CRUNCH TO NASTY

SL PLUS NOT REALLY BIG ON IT FOR BLUES BUT THAT OPINION MIGHT CHANGE WHEN I GET MY MOD BACK FROM DAVE FRIEDMAN

I cannot help but read all capslock posts, each word invidually with a slightly raised, dull monotonous voice lol

hmm, wouldnt you know it. turns out i bought a cheap keyboard, and the darn thing had no capslock, there was no division sign on it either. thats what i get for buying cpu accessories at the swapmeet! :D

Now if you want a Clapton "Cream" tone....

SG (neck w/ tone knob rolled off) > Keeley Java Boost (set full range) > Brahma (gain at 10:00) > Cab w/ Greenbacks.