Boosting RM w/ Boss Metal Zone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james.fugate

Reaction score
Has anyone boosted their RM with a Boss Metal Zone and compared it to a tube screamer or a maxon 808?

james.fugate said:
Has anyone boosted their RM with a Boss Metal Zone and compared it to a tube screamer or a maxon 808?
I've used an MXR bass distortion/DI and was able to make my SL+ sound incredibly similar to my Ultra XL :p

unless you re in crowbar and play an rg 100 i'd say buy an od pedal instead

If you want to boost your signal use a maxon 808 or a tube screamer, both are great for that.
If you want to add alittle od/ disotion to your signal, lets say in front of a plexi the boss super od pedal (SD-1) works great.
I tried the metal zone with my rm100 and it didn't work me, It was "too much" and it took away from the amp/ module. But experiment with what you have, and see what works for you.
Or just send it off to Pete and you won't need either. :lol:

Man, that metal zone is not going to sound cool as a boost. Yuk. I've always liked the Boss Blues Driver as a tubey/gritty boost MUCH better than any tube screamer copy. Check out the Keeley version. Try an SD-1 too - although it will rob some low end/low mid.

KE

Sure you can use it.
You can put the gain down and then tweak the sound till you like it...
I have never tried that, but it surely works

james.fugate said:

I have a Keeley modified MT2 that I use with my Hiwatt amp set to REALLY clean. I even ran a Diaz Texas Ranger through it into the Hiwatt to get old Sabbath tone, but when I did the gain on the MT2 was all the way down. So, I'm thinking it will depend on the module you use it with. I haven't tried it with my RM100C since the modules I have are doing what the MT2 did!