Bought a mesa rectifier, in the name of research

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riff man said:
hey , pete it would be interesting just here your opinion on the diff's between the Grail and a that Rectifier right of the hop , you know "the first initial feelings and such" ...

stock recto with R1,2,3 set to 150ohms and a tighter bass cap = so close to the grail you can taste it.

Stock recto with my mods = closer IMHO to a 'real' recto amp than a stock grail module.

Ask JKD, he's owned several rectos and has one of my modded recto modules. There are several other guys who have recto modules modded by me, I'm just not sure if they have owned real mesa recto amps. I know JKD has owned at least 3, probably more. :)

Pete

okstrat said:
riff man said:
hey , pete it would be interesting just here your opinion on the diff's between the Grail and a that Rectifier right of the hop , you know "the first initial feelings and such" ...

stock recto with R1,2,3 set to 150ohms and a tighter bass cap = so close to the grail you can taste it.

Stock recto with my mods = closer IMHO to a 'real' recto amp than a stock grail module.

Ask JKD, he's owned several rectos and has one of my modded recto modules. There are several other guys who have recto modules modded by me, I'm just not sure if they have owned real mesa recto amps. I know JKD has owned at least 3, probably more. :)

Pete

I've owned a Single a Dual and a Roadster........I've already nudged Steve that he should send your modded Recto module my way on it's way home to you...dagnabit.... :twisted: :lol:

shred-o-holic said:
okstrat said:
riff man said:

Pete

I've owned a Single a Dual and a Roadster........I've already nudged Steve that he should send your modded Recto module my way on it's way home to you...dagnabit.... :twisted: :lol:

Heh...I really should lend it to ya...is actually mine though, bought and paid for :D

it's pretty cool and going to be a whole new deal with the EL84s.

Yeah, by me saying it was 'my modded recto' I meant modded by me and owned by JKD. :) Semantics! :)

JKD said:
Heh...I really should lend it to ya...is actually mine though, bought and paid for :D

it's pretty cool and going to be a whole new deal with the EL84s.

Yes you really should ******..... :x

You have NO IDEA the Grail gas that I now have........I knew I shouldn't have purchased this RM 20........"Can of Opened Worms You have" Quote/Yoda

Coming from a guy who HATES real Mesa Rectos, Pete's modded Recto is probably the best module I have ever had. And at this point I have had almost the entire Randall collection, several Egnater's (EG3, EG4 SM4 EG5) and Friedman mods, nothing but a handful of Pete's other modules touch it. If funds allowed, every single module I own would go for a vacation at Pete's house. 8) But 50% of them have, so that's not too bad!