Brahma w/ boost = Mr. Scary?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usrname

Reaction score
Got a question:
I haven't had a chance to really play with it yet, but I know I like the Brahma. I did try the Mr. Scary first, which reminded me a lot of a JCM800, but I liked the vintage tone of the Brahma, so I went with it.

Do I have to buy the Mr. Scary or can I get the sound of the Mr. Scary out of the Brahma with an od?

Thanks, any help would be much appreciated.

There are some clips comparing the Brahma boosted and Scary its just labelled Grail vs Brahma.

From what I hear , there are similarities BUT the scary gain structure is different more saturation.

The Scary is voiced different than the Brahma. Based on a Slo(Heavier GROWLY voiced) where the Brahma is based on a Plexi. Both are KILLER and MUST haves!! :D
Just my 2 cents! :wink:

Mailman1971 said:
The Scary is voiced different than the Brahma. Based on a Slo(Heavier GROWLY voiced) where the Brahma is based on a Plexi. Both are KILLER and MUST haves!! :D
Just my 2 cents! :wink:

Sure, add to the GAS why don't ya!

It's funny that you mention SLO as I almost bought a Soldano Atomic 16 before I found the RM20. Now I'm really in a quandry!

Oh man.....that MTS is THE WORST if you suffer from G.A.S!!
I had them ALL!!
Collectors paradise and gear hounds dream!! :D

I actually preffered the Modded Brahma to the Mr. Scary. Great GREAT plexi tone from that Brahma. But the Scary has a darker voice which is perfect for the slightly heavier stuff than the hair metal.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I think I'll go with an od for the early 80s/hair metal stuff and get the Grail for the heavier stuff. The Brahma does have a nice plexi tone; I'm really digging it and I did manage to get a nice iron maiden sound with the built-in boost of the RM20. :)

I never tried it with a RM20. Always had a Lynch box head and cab and it sounds superb! Love to get a RM20 just for the portability.

Yeah, it's pretty manuverable, especially they way it's shaped. The shell is a bit higher but not as wide as most combos, so it stays at your side really well. I'm just using it in the house for now while I tweak, but I plan to take it to practice once I think I have a good feel for the sound(s).

Well, GAS got the best of me. I just bought the Mr. Scary module from a guy in the classifieds as well as the Grail. I still plan on getting an OD, though.