Brown and Brahma Stock Tubes

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaGuy

Reaction score
Hi I have a Brown and a Brahma heading in my direction :D
Just wondering what tubes they ship with from the factory?

Thanks!

It will depend on their age, factory tubes..

The Brown could be EH12ax7s or JJ ECC83s

The Brahma is most likely the Ruby 12ax7/7025 HG

I have had 4 browns over the years and all came with EH tubes. Did you just snag the one off of the Bay?

Related to that, (and since I also have a Brahma on the way) does anyone know what those rare Yugoslav tubes are that Lynch tested on his Brahma in that video with Dave Friedman? Would love to try those out.

Goldfish said:
Related to that, (and since I also have a Brahma on the way) does anyone know what those rare Yugoslav tubes are that Lynch tested on his Brahma in that video with Dave Friedman? Would love to try those out.

They are made by EI (Elektronska Industrija). I might be wrong but I think they are modeled after Telefunken smoothplates.

Goldfish said:

Ei 7025s ...Modelled after a long plate tube and some say better than the original... you can ocassionally find the originals but more often the Phillips version.

rockman said:
I have had 4 browns over the years and all came with EH tubes. Did you just snag the one off of the Bay?

Nope, got it through this forum. :D

Ei are notorious for sketchy QC though, at least on the 7025. So you basically have a 50/50 chance of coming across either an amazing tube or a crappy tube with them.

Shinozoku said:
Ei are notorious for sketchy QC though, at least on the 7025. So you basically have a 50/50 chance of coming across either an amazing tube or a crappy tube with them.

Thanks, very good info. Will check around to see if it's worthwhile to get a couple extra in order to make a solid pair without breaking the bank.

Goldfish said:
Shinozoku said:

Thanks, very good info. Will check around to see if it's worthwhile to get a couple extra in order to make a solid pair without breaking the bank.

Either get a true NOS from a trusted vendor or make sure you have a tested tube/results .... In either case you should ask if it has been tested for microphonics in an amp.

Good vendors will have a return policy too...

Unfortunately Ei shut it's buisness down last year, because of the QC problems, but if you find any, buy about 5 of them so you have at least 2 good ones. They tend to go microphonic real quick, but otherwise they are my favorite 7025 EVER!!! I managed to buy out what my local mom and pop shop had left. their starting to fetch some dough on the bay.