Brutal Tone!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HeretiC-

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a module that will give me a really brutal tone, perhaps something similar to what is provided by ENGL, Mesa and Peavey etc.
Right now I have the Modern module which is OK but not exactly what I'm looking for. Played with Thy Art Is Murder the other night and they used an ENGL Invader and ENGL Powerball, I loved those tones!
I have an RM-100 with the Randall V30's cab.
Preferably after a stock module, but perhaps a modded one.
Any help would be appreciated!

Really?? Cheers man!
What other modules would do this job? I've heard the Ultra XL does?
:D

-HeretiC- said:
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a module that will give me a really brutal tone, ...... they used an ENGL Invader and ENGL Powerball, I loved those tones!
I just sold my Engl Invader and Framus Cobra to come back to the Randall MTS family. If you get a 1086 and have it modded by Pete, It will kill the Engl in brutalness and the voice is pretty similar. I think you will be quite happy with the results. :D
Dan

Mailman1971 said:
-HeretiC- said:
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a module that will give me a really brutal tone, ...... they used an ENGL Invader and ENGL Powerball, I loved those tones!
I just sold my Engl Invader and Framus Cobra to come back to the Randall MTS family. If you get a 1086 and have it modded by Pete, It will kill the Engl in brutalness and the voice is pretty similar. I think you will be quite happy with the results. :D
Dan

Really?? That's awesome!!
Would it cost much to get it modded?

It was a couple hundred bucks when I got it done a few months back. But WELL WORTH IT! Like having a WHOLE NEW AMP when you plug that bad boy in. Not kidding. Thing throws flames! 8)
Not a bad price if you consider that Egnater modules are about $400 bucks. He takes his time and goes thru every single part on it. I am still floored when I play it to this day. Its just a MONSTER! :twisted:

When really cranked up......Like a punch in the throat! :D
Everyone who hears us play tells me its the BADDEST MEANEST Tone coming live. I am pretty much straight in. No effects.
Only a BBE Sonic maximizer in the loop(My secret weapon) 8)

that sounds awesome to me!!
And to think, I was considering selling my RM for an Invader! Hahaha.
I'll have to scrap some $$$ together! Probably harder to get all this done considering I live in Australia?

If you want your own brutal module, ask Anthony "Salvation" for modding a module how you want one with some extra gimmicks and he also is doing the frontplate how you like it.
Mine has lots of pressure and slays the powerball !!!
:twisted:

It's so hard to determine which module would suit me the most without trying them!! So painful! Hahaha

headown said:
If you want your own brutal module, ask Anthony "Salvation" for modding a module how you want one with some extra gimmicks and he also is doing the frontplate how you like it.
Mine has lots of pressure and slays the powerball !!!
:twisted:
Which one do you have?

I say go with the 1086 as well. It's the only module I'm currently using (until I get a tweed and sl+) and it's friggin' awesome. Worst case scenario you get it, want more, have it modded, love it more.

Ahh righto, so what kind of genre do you play with your 1086? Obviously metal, but do you get BRUTAL out of it?

you should buy my ultra, the ultra and ultra xl stock would be the most brutal, if you had a krank , a 5150 and a dual rec and mixed them all together you'd get an ultra mod, actually it sounds about the same as a krank and 5150.

I really like my Ultra XL - I hear it is tighter and has more mids. Of course, I like mids.