Brutal Tone!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maximus1 said:
you should buy my ultra, the ultra and ultra xl stock would be the most brutal, if you had a krank , a 5150 and a dual rec and mixed them all together you'd get an ultra mod, actually it sounds about the same as a krank and 5150.

+1 on ULTRA or ULTRA XL...i've owned them both.only difference is that the ULTRA XL has a bit more overall mids content to it and there's a definate shift towards more upper-mids peak,so it cuts better in a live band mix.the regular ULTRA is a little more scooped in the overall mids and has a more prominent lower-mids thing going for it.imo,it sounds more EVIL...either way,in their STOCK form,the ULTRA or ULTRA XL are very brutal and the cheapest way to go.when i say brutal,i mean up through Cannibal Corpse,no problem...and that's with either module in it's STOCK form,no pedal boost needed...of course,modding them further opens new doors :wink:

goldwing68nv said:
.when i say brutal,i mean up through Cannibal Corpse,no problem...and that's with either module in it's STOCK form,no pedal boost needed...of course,modding them further opens new doors :wink:
With the gain knob at noon ;)

I have the UltraXL and KH3 and they are both heavy as hell stock. My XTC can do a good, tight metal rhythm boosted.

headown said:
or buy my clean module and I will make you a good price for my Boss metal zone
SUPERBRUTAL !!!
:mrgreen:

I think I read this post like 5 different time today, lol

Ultra may be your best brutal mod in stock form

yes, but not as well as the xl but the xl is thinner and has spikey high end. mids around noon on the regular ultra and it will cut

I love the Ultra XL - I dunno where the thin description is coming in. This module sounds super thick to me, and no flub. I HATE flubby tone. I'm playing an RM50 combo with JJ E34L's and a Les Paul in drop C.

Rellik said:
I love the Ultra XL - I dunno where the thin description is coming in. This module sounds super thick to me, and no flub. I HATE flubby tone. I'm playing an RM50 combo with JJ E34L's and a Les Paul in drop C.
Probably people who have tried the Ultra XL with the bright switch ON. It does get thin with that, so I leave it off. Thinkin of changing it into a tight switch or something instead.

Shinozoku said:
Rellik said:
Probably people who have tried the Ultra XL with the bright switch ON. It does get thin with that, so I leave it off. Thinkin of changing it into a tight switch or something instead.

True, I keep the bright switch off as well with gain no higher than noon. I would totally do that if I knew anything about modding a module.