BulletBoys RM100 sighting last night.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's almost like watching Paul Stanley. Pretty flamboyant. Great pipes though and not a bad guitar player. I saw all the early players with Ozzy that replaced Randy when he died and even saw Randy. Bernie Torme, Pat Travers, Brad Gillis and then Jake and Zakk. Just like DLR Ozzy always surrounds himself with great players. Have a Soldano HR 50 myself and I like my RM100 and modules much better. The Soldano stuff is a bit snotty and shrill. IMHO....

ibenhad said:
It's almost like watching Paul Stanley. Pretty flamboyant. Great pipes though and not a bad guitar player. I saw all the early players with Ozzy that replaced Randy when he died and even saw Randy. Bernie Torme, Pat Travers, Brad Gillis and then Jake and Zakk. Just like DLR Ozzy always surrounds himself with great players. Have a Soldano HR 50 myself and I like my RM100 and modules much better. The Soldano stuff is a bit snotty and shrill. IMHO....

Marq is cool on-stage and 10 Cent Billionaire is great...He's born to be an ambiguously gay rock star...It's kinda a bummer that he is like that offstage too but whatever...He's gone further than I have though...BTW, can anyone at all guess which module is used as a main guitar on Asteroid? I was around for the final mix and the Randall w/a Deci Pro just mopped the floor with the previous amp which, I believe was, either Soldano SLO100 or Jet City version1.0...Friedman had poked around it I know...Anyway, the recording of said guitars all took place elsewhere and may or may not have been re-amped - and I'm pretty sure it was Marq on all parts....Tory Stoffregen was around during that time and I totally respect that guy...He also works with Enuff Z'Nuff and has his own great band, The Black Mollies....I digress...This whole switch was added later....It's widely disputed between involved parties...I can simply say I know exactly how it went down...It is Randall and it sounds fucking tremendous...I can't believe it but I'm about to pimp the Bullet Boys...Oh yeah, it's a stock module and a Maxon808 was leaned on heavily too....Anyway, we've had our differences but Marq is pretty cool as a rock guy when you look from the crowd and I guess that's really what counts....He connects with his audience and is truly appreciative...His band is always treated less than human but that's how the little guy stays in charge....Sorry....Had to get one low blow in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YZXjlhdEfY

Matt you sound like master yoda with a riddle..

ok so no stock SL+ and a boost was used hmmm this leaves:

Judge + a boost from the maxon
modded plexi module + a boost
Ultra with a boost?

Help us young Jedis see the light!

That Jet City head sounded pretty good to me.

The RM100 probably could have sounded a little better with some tweaks to the EQ... OR better yet different modules... But I guess you take what you can get when something like that happens at a show.

Mattfig said:
Boosted Ultra with gain low and boost high...

Weird but try it and play those chords if you wanna verify.... :D

Edited to add: I tried multiple ways to type as Yoda speaks...It doesn't translate well... :cry:

It's not weird, that's exactly how I use it and all my other modules.

At this show he just used the Ultra with no pedals. Guitar straight to the amp. Didn't even have a tuner onstage, when he needed to tune he just did it by ear.

Latest posts