Can a Rm100 also run a RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panic

Reaction score
Is there a way to hook up a RM100 with 3 modules and then add an RM4 with another 4 to have 7 footswitchable channels. Thanks.

Michael

Only if you have some sort of audio switching device (e.g., Axess Electronics GRX4, Rocktron Patchmate, GCX, etc).

--B

It's possible but you would only get use of 5 modules (please don't ask me to explain how, trust me it's not worth it). Get a GRX4 and be done w/ it. I use Boss GT-Pro for switching so that I can use either the RM100 or RM4 as well as combining them.

If you use a decent foot controller as a Axess FX1 that can handle several midi ch devices at time, I don't see any reasons why you could not use more than 5 modules?

So then what do you do with the RM4 run it through the effects loop of the head? Or where do you run the RM4 through?

so to run the RM4 into the RM100

you need to split the guitar signal ( two ways, once with a single Y cable that goes from last pre gain device to head guitar in and RM4 guitar in, and the other is using an axess BS2 buffer which has two isolated outputs that will feed both guitar inputs of RM100 and RM4.

next thing is to use a looper as an Axess GRX4.

the best is to use the loop 4 which is isolated from the others,
you plug this way :

RM100 SEND -> LOOP IN
RM4 OUT -> LOOP RETURN
LOOP OUT -> RM100 RETURN

this way LOOP ON = RM4 and LOOP OFF = RM100

that's all