Can i use an rm100 as a poweramp of sorts for the rm4?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srrdude

Reaction score
Im finding myself with moor modules than slots, can i put an rm4 through the effects loop and get a switcher to switch between the head preamps and the rack preamps? have a midi controller for each and switch in the loop the switch the signal to the Rm4?

Yes you can do that. I would suggest getting a more robust midi controller, Liquid Foot, Ground Control, etc.

i figured i would need 3 switches for the rm100, 4 for the rm4, and a separate splitter to switch between the rm100 preamps and the rm4 preamps in the loop...am i on the right track?

My solution cost me $500..but it's a nice one...

Voodoo Labs GCX Switcher and GCP Midi Board.

I had 18 channels on there at one point, spread across 3 pre-amps and one head (Dual M4, Single M4, Randall RM4 and RM50HB).....now am down to just 14...LOL

So i take my up front effects and use an a/b switcher to feed it into the input of the rm100 and the rm4. The effects that i run through my loop on the rm100 can stay where they are correct? So i would choose a module on the rm100 and a different one on the rm100, then use the a/b do switch between the two.

Does all of this sound like it would work right?