Can't get a meter read to bias tubes! Help!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stemlife

Reaction score
So two tubes went bad. Indicator said so. So I figured perfect time to try the 6l6/el34 set up. So I put everything in place. And my meter reads nothing. An occasional read of 0.1 pops up here and there and it's like that with each testing point. Power is on. Stand by is on "play" and nothing. Meter is set to read dc volts. I did change a fuse that was black and replaced it with a new one. What am I doing wrong????

Did the tubes fail and blow while the amp was in use? It's possible that you have blown your grid resistors on the tubes that failed.

Make sure that the meter works correctly. Have the probes been inserted in the proper positions? Make sure the red probe is on the voltage input, not amperage. Very common mistake, I get a lot of phone calls on that one.

Do the other power tubes render a reading?

Jaded Faith said:
Did the tubes fail and blow while the amp was in use? It's possible that you have blown your grid resistors on the tubes that failed.

Make sure that the meter works correctly. Have the probes been inserted in the proper positions? Make sure the red probe is on the voltage input, not amperage. Very common mistake, I get a lot of phone calls on that one.

Do the other power tubes render a reading?

I believe the tube failed as I was playing. It sounded full volume and then it sounded like it was turned down a bit. I looked at the back and the first two tubes were indicating tube failure. The second one had the blacked out fuse and I did switch it out for a new one. At least I think they're new. Meter works correctly. I've used it many times. Black goes to common and the red to the testing points. And no, no reading on any other tube.

Thanks Rob,

Stemlife

Latest posts