CLIPS: New Module from J. Hilligan --> SCORCH!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeroic

Reaction score
Items in the rack:

Did a youtube video of the new rack w/ my Voodoo / Ceriatone 2555 amp as power and 2 newer modules from Jeff Hilligan (his XTC modded module as well his new module the SCORCH!!!)

COD module starts....then Scorch.....then XTC at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNjJXTb1Co

Egnater M4 (COD, VX, J. Hilligan modded XTC, J. Hilligan Scorch)
Lexicon MPXG2 (in series)
Lexicon MPXG2 (in parallel)
Line 6 Filter Pro (in series)
Line 6 Echo Pro (in parallel)
CAE Stereo Loop Switcher (3 stereo loops for efx processors) / Mono Loop Switcher (2 mono loops for preamp switching) / Parallel Line Mixer

Power Amp:

Voodoo Amps / Ceriatone 2555 w/ Mercury Magnetics OT / PT / choke

Guitar:

Warmoth Strat (alder body, birdseye maple neck / ebony fingerboard) w/ Suhr Aldrich pickups wired by Suhr w/ the same circuitry (5-position megaswitch) as their Suhr Modern guitars.

JKD said:
SCORCH'ing indeed....I hear a Mesa influence?

Oh yes a Mesa influence for sure....this is the lineage of the "Mystery Module" Jeff has been working on for a bit. This is after a few tweaks based on recommendations by folks like myself. I played 2 different revisions of the module.

Eric

Sounds like a mix of EG5 and ERECT. Has that 5'ish grind and brightness but with seemingly more bottom end. Granted I'm making my observation off a camera mic but those are the major qualities I notice.

Yep...those comments would be rather spot on! The camera mic is a really good one (Zoom Q3). It has a LOT of low end if you want it! I had the bass at noon!

Eric

I am quite intrigued. Kinda sad I dumped my EG5 now. What module was used as the platform? Could he for instance get a Rectified in the ballpark?

Oh and I'm not knocking the video at all. Hope you didn't take offense to my comment on the mic. The only thing I may say as a bit of constructive criticism is that I cannot hear your comments for the most part. Otherwise an excellent video and great playing as always. 8)

The Truth said:
I am quite intrigued. Kinda sad I dumped my EG5 now. What module was used as the platform? Could he for instance get a Rectified in the ballpark?

Oh and I'm not knocking the video at all. Hope you didn't take offense to my comment on the mic. The only thing I may say as a bit of constructive criticism is that I cannot hear your comments for the most part. Otherwise an excellent video and great playing as always. 8)

No offense taken at all man!! :)

I'd call / PM jeff and ask him. I'm not sure at all what he used...I just love it!!! :)

Hilly got back with me and said he has done the mod on an EG3 so far. He said he is getting a list together of mods that will work as a platform. Said the Brown might work. I haven't been excited about a module in a long time but the Scorch really has my attention. Cost is reasonable for the upgrade too! Very competitive.

This thread is worth resurrecting just so more people can listen to shear awesome tone. The COD cleans on that clip are pure classic Mark boogie and the Scorch tone is just unbelievable.

Is the Scorch an Egnater style dual channel module, or is it just a single like the Randall MTS modules?

What exactly is a Scorch. I've seen it mentioned here, but never bothered to find out what it is. I have surmised that it is a mod done by Jeff Hilligan, but which module gets modded, and what are the changes tone-wise?

HughJasol said:
What exactly is a Scorch. I've seen it mentioned here, but never bothered to find out what it is. I have surmised that it is a mod done by Jeff Hilligan, but which module gets modded, and what are the changes tone-wise?

It's my take on a Marshall meets a Mesa. The modern Marshall. I take the tones from a plexi, hot rodded Marzall and a Recto and kinda blend them all into one. I can use a Modern, brown, plexi or SL+ for the mod. This is only being done on Randall or Egnater single channel modules. I just can't seem to get the same vibe with the duals!

No faceplate or new knobs. Mod is $75
With custom faceplate, knobs and mod is $150

Jeff Hilligan said:
It's my take on a Marshall meets a Mesa. The modern Marshall. I take the tones from a plexi, hot rodded Marzall and a Recto and kinda blend them all into one. I can use a Modern, brown, plexi or SL+ for the mod. This is only being done on Randall or Egnater single channel modules. I just can't seem to get the same vibe with the duals!

No faceplate or new knobs. Mod is $75
With custom faceplate, knobs and mod is $150
Sounds awesome! I'll give it a listen - Thanks Jeff! 8)

Latest posts