Combo speakers...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have tried different speakers in your MTS combos? It seems interesting that the regular MTS cabinets come with Vintage 30s, yet the combo amps come with G12T-75 speakers.

Also, the Randall website says that the RM50B comes with an 8 ohm speaker....mine actually has a 16 ohm. Anybody else get the same?

My RM50B also came with a 16 ohm GT75. I replaced it with a V30. My extension cabinet is a mix of GT75 and V30.

I have a Marshall 4x12 with V30s that I love... how's the V30 perform in the open back combo?

+100 for Texas Heats with the MTS gear. I swapped the V-30s out of my MTS cab and replaced them with Texas Heats before I sold it a couple months later... they sounded AWESOME with the MTS stuff IMO! :wink:

I was playing mostly metal and hard rock, but they would be suitable for just about any music you would want to play out of them. Keep in mind they don't offer a lot of cone distortion as they are high wattage speakers, but that's good for the MTS stuff because it lets the tone of the AMP shine through more than speaker coloration. :)

Well, I ordered a Hellatone 60 from Avatar (pre-broken in Vintage 30)....we'll see how that works. One bad thing is that it's gonna make my RM50B even HEAVIER...but if it sounds good....