Cool find with the Recto Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srommes

Reaction score
So I picked up a Recto mod from forum member schlagdog this weekend(Thanks man!) and dialed in what I feel is a pretty brutal sound out of it. The Recto mod only had one mod which was a bass cap change to .001. I was playing around with it tweaking it etc. and thought it sounded ok but wanted to experiment a bit because it seemed like this mod had some potential. I should mention that I have a Dual Recto Rackmount as well for comparison. I felt the Recto module had good overall tone/body but didn't quite have the bite of my Dual Recto so I threw a Maxon OD808 in front of it with the gain completely off, tone at about 11:30 and balance at about 3:00. That was the answer to the bite and it tightened it up a bit as well. The only thing that I didn't like is that it cut the bass quite a bit. I was running my RM4 into a Mesa 2:90 so I figured I'd engage the deep switch to get some of the bass back. That was it....just a crushing tone. It sounded pretty close to my Recto Rackmount but a bit tighter. I don't have anyway to record it at this point but I strongly suggest that anyone who is running their RM4 with Recto mod through a Mesa 2:90 to give this a try. Just thought I'd share my finding.

Nice, I am glad you got something out of it. Like we talked about, the UltraXL seems to be my tone. The Recto was doing me no good to just sit in the RM100. Glad you could add it to the million dollars worth of other badass gear you already have.

GtrGeorge! said:
..just wondering, what pickups are you using?
I tried it with both EMG's and a SD JB. Both sounded great. The EMG's tighten things up a bit more if anything.

schlagdog said:
Nice, I am glad you got something out of it. Like we talked about, the UltraXL seems to be my tone. The Recto was doing me no good to just sit in the RM100. Glad you could add it to the million dollars worth of other badass gear you already have.

Yeah, I'll never get rid of my Ultra XL but the Recto, with the way I'm using it compliments it well. The XL has that razor's edge attack and the Recto has that big bottom-end with some sizzle.
Hope I didn't come across arrogant talking about my gear. I've had the opportunity to own/try out a lot of different **** and when I start talkin' gear I can get a bit carried away. I'll have to snap some shots and post em' so you don't think I'm completely full of ****. :lol: Anyways, nice meeting ya man. Hope the RIP Studio mods you ordered work out for ya.

My stock Recto sounded good boosted with my BBE Green Screamer (an 808 clone). I had it modded by Jaded Faith recently, and now it absolutely kills. *Huge* improvement in tone and clarity over the stock mod.