Custom Faceplate Techniques

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC Widowmaker

Reaction score
If there's a thread about this already, can someone direct me there?

I've been thinking, putting together a custom faceplate should be fairly simple - something that anyone who knows how to use photoshop or illustrator can do. Does anyone have any info they can share about the process? Obviously those established custom modders out there will know a thing or two about this, but - unlike the full tone and control modifications - this is something more of us could be getting into.

Imparticular:

- Does anyone have a template/diagram, or exact set of measurements for the positioning of pots, screws and switches on a module face?

- Does anyone know of a simple technique to create stickers or burn an image onto a faceplate?

I'm a graphic designer with some time on my hands so, if I can work out how to do this, I may even start taking requests for designs.

Well being short on money I did one (so far) and scanned a face place on my scanner and then just used paint to make a simple blackface one. Got some A4 sized sticker paper and shoved it into a crappy lexmark printer. Its good enough for now... maybe with a good graphics program and a photo printer.... you could do a lot more!! You could always clear coat it or laminate it. I went for the cheapest way, trying to save up to buy a house next year.....

Hope this helps a little

remove and scan a faceplate as a template...pull into paint program...add your graphic...print on card or photo paper..you could use reglar paper and back with card....shoot clearcoat over the top and put it on the module :D