Customizing my XL cab w/pics!... now full stack

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downrightproductions

Reaction score
So earlier in the week I received my XLT cabinet...awesome deal-awesome cab! A few of you asked for me to post pics.... Now it is time to customize it with alittle "Scott Ian flavor"....I did this on a 2x12 I had but this is first time on a 4x12 and I decided to not copy his graphic on the cab identically. On The Nuts module there is Dharma symbol with a speaker symbol in it instead of the "Anthrax-agram"....so I will post progress pics and finished photos should be by morning hopefully

CAM00348.jpg

CAM00349.jpg

Ready for paint!
CAM00352.jpg

More to come!

Well all done! I think it turned out nice. I was alittle worried about not using the Anthrax pentagram in the middle, but I think the speaker symbol turned out nice and just seams more fitting on a cab. I can always change it. One picture is with the Randall nameplate on, I really like the looks of it on and just might add it soon. Want to let it soak in....hope you guys like it!

CAM00357-1.jpg

CAM00359-1.jpg

CAM00360-1.jpg

CAM00361-1.jpg

CAM00362.jpg

Awesome job man!!!

Now I want to redo the fronts of my Mesa Cabs!!

Put some LED's in there and make it Glow.

BigBrewtus said:
I dig it. Wish I was that patient with masking off like you are. :wink:
Really when masking, drawing on, then cutting out the pattern doesn't bother me too much when I'm in the zone.....what takes patience is when your 3 year old daughter wants to help you the entire time :)

Downrightproductions said:
BigBrewtus said:
Really when masking, drawing on, then cutting out the pattern doesn't bother me too much when I'm in the zone.....what takes patience is when your 3 year old daughter wants to help you the entire time :)

Looks awesome!

I understand about the "helping" issue. It happened to me when my 7 yo niece wanted to "help" me solder in my new Scumbacks into my Mesa 2x12. :lol: There was one messy solder inside. :? I went back in after she left and fixed it. :D

BigBrewtus said:

I have a 2.5 year old daughter and can relate... :lol:
Today she helped me pull out a fistful of random cables from an equipment rack...

As far as your work goes, whoa...Great attention to detail and quite a cool result! Nice job!

BigBrewtus said:
Hahahaha. I get the whole,"Whatcha doin? Why? Why? Let me try" all the time.

Looking good. I 2nd the nice touch to do something other than a pentagram.

That looks cool! Now you got me thinking of a personal design for my cabs.. lol

Thank you to everyone with your kind comments!....glad to see it may have inspired some to maybe do something on their cabs....this one has definately inspired to do the same treatment to my other cab (dummy cab)....hopefully by weeks end I will post a couple pics of these graphics on a full stack!!! BooYaa!!!

The other cab has been started a couple hours ago....still cutting it out....wont bother with photos of begining proccess as it is identical with same measurements....hopefully painting will be done super early before daughter wakes up...like 5-6 o'clock...this stuff is daunting, should almost offer this stuff as a service upon those who are more lazy than myself!...Ha!...not holding my breath :)