• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dean Stealth $325 plus shipping, worldwide (pics fixed)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
I'm not selling because I don't like it, in fact I really do like her, but I'm down to my rare guitars and she's not as rare as my others so she has to go to help me pay for a Randall SL+ module. So here's the deal, the chips you see generally are just the finish and nothing more. I magnified them as much as possible to exaggerate them so you'd get an idea of it. As you can see from far you can't see them. There's a 1/8" hole in the headstock from a drill bit that ran straight through when I had Sperzels on there, it can easily be covered. The other thing is there's little dings and dents (all of which I took pics of, but they dont look as bad in person). There's an indent in the finish along the neck joint (it's just in the finish, I spoke with Dean HQ about it and a lot of the stealths had this in the finish, its not a quality issue just a result of rushed production). Those are the only issues with her.

I changed out the hardware to satin nickel because I thought it'd look bad ***. Grover tuners, Earvana compensated graphite nut (to optimize intonation [it was expensive as hell, I spent $30 on it]), There's no fret wear either so playing wise this is a totally new guitar. I changed out the electronics to higher end pots and caps, IIRC it's either CTS or Alpha pots (I can open it if you want to be sure). Dunlop straploks are included as well as the lockers for your strap and the original case (which is pretty much mint condition) so whether you're playing her or she's sitting pretty you can rest easily knowing she's totally safe.. Comes with a stock Dean in the neck (I thought it sounded pretty nice so I didn't bother changing it), and in the bridge a Manlius custom wound pup. The Manlius is designed to have the bite, clarity and harmonic response of a Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon and the end of an SD Invader. Thanks to the mahogany neck and body, rosewood fingerboard and set neck the sound is heavy but cutting. It's perfect for this guitar.

This particular stealth sounds dark and thick but searing enough in the top end to provide a nice cutting top end without being ice pick like. The neck is a little harder than a really soft V but not like the RazorbackV. It's just prominent enough to make barres easy but not prominent enough to make playing uncomfortable. The rosewood not only looks great but is as smooth as some of the ebony I've seen on most ebony equipped Gibsons. At $350 this is a STEAL! This guitar without upgrades is $850 and they're not in production any more.

Asking 350, I'll take a partial trade but I need AT LEAST $200 in cash. Though depending on the offer I'll take a full trade. I need a Randall SL+ model maybe a cool delay or tremolo. Make offers.

Enough said on to the pics (they were taken in between me cleaning her).

Full frontal:
Stealth017.jpg

Stealth018.jpg

Backside:
Stealth006.jpg

Here's her battle scars:
Stealth007.jpg

Stealth008.jpg

Stealth013.jpg

Stealth014.jpg

Stealth015.jpg

Stealth016.jpg