Dear Randall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Reaction score
I gave you a chance to "Make it right"

You failed miserably. On 4/12/10 I ordered a Randall R212CBP MTS Series Custom Cabinet from one of your vendors as new. This ended up being a "B" stock item. After I recieved it and a big sticker saying "REFURB Full Warrantee" stuck on the side, I opened the box to find a hole in the tolex and missing the piping around the baffle. I called your vendor and they gave me a 10% credit for the misunderstanding after they confirmed with you that you send out a "B" stock item because it was the last one you had. I sucked it up and moved on. Meanwhile I ordered some white piping to replace what was missing. To my dismay, once the back panel was removed... guess what? Celestion Greenbacks in place of the Vintage 30's that should have been in there. I like Greenbacks as much as the next guy but these will not handle 120 watts total like the 2 Vintage 30's like what should have been in there. To top this off the back panel was a 412 spec panel and is switchable between 4 and 16 ohm instead of 8 ohm like is spec'd for the cab.

I called you to address the issue. You tried to pawn it off on the dealer when it was shipped directly from you. When I asked if you could just send me 2 Celestion Vintage 30's to replace the Greenbacks... you stated "We don't have any in stock" Really?

You then told me to return it to the dealer. I have several problems with this... First, this is the last cab you had to match the head I have. Second, all I want is for you to give me the parts to bring the cab up to spec. Third, this is a global commerce world anymore and I was just trying to save everyone a bunch of headaches by only requesting the speakers and not cause a bunch of cost for everyone.

So tell me... How is this customer service? The defensive additude of the person I talked to also was quite belittling and uncalled for.

Thanks for reading my rant... I had to get it off my chest.

I understand your rant but i have a question. You mention that it has a jack plate that does 4/16 and 8 ohm stereo. I bought two r212's that also had this. Could it be a mistake on their website rather than a mistake on the cab? Do all the 212's have the 4/16 plates? You have me curious. Anyone know for sure?

And while i do agree that they should do more to help remember that things are not going well at Randall now. The only consolation i may offer is that someone somewhere may be willing to trade speakers with you or at least you may be able to put them on craigslist and break even with a set of new V30's. I do wish you the best of luck on this. Sounds like a raw deal.

Peace, Joshua

I think that is going to be my next step... look for a trade.

I really didn't need all this drama... It should have been... BUY, RECIEVE, ROCK... end of story.

As far as the control plate... I was going by the specs... you should be able to go by spec.

Sell the Greenbacks.

Avatar Speakers Hellatone 60s ARE Vintage 30s with 15 hrs of sine wave break in on them and because of that could not be sold as new with the Celestion name. That is the only difference. $89 each. Much cheaper than the labeled Vintage 30s.

But if you can swing it, Heritage G12-65s.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

I think I found a trade.... shouldn't have to deal with this but thanks for talking me down. I still am not happy with the "customer service" of Randall but you guys help me remain somewhat calm. :)

What type of issues did you have to work through? Anything that would put them out?

Vince I had to deal with really crappy stuff from Marshall. Their service techs out this way wouldn't spend the time to actually fix the amp. The folks in the UK couldn't understand it. Take it to a service center and get it fixed. But the folks I talked to in the UK didn't realize the service center locally is in an old warehouse with bad lighting. See with the size of England I could drive to the Marshall plant. Bring my amp in and have tea and a tour through the plant, pick my amp up and go home and all would be fine. Not so here. Eventually they took the amp back. And I'd heard nothing but trouble for the JVMs at the time. Soooo.... then I'd heard nothing but good things about Randall amps.

So I got my Lynch Box. Apparently now there's been some reorganization going on it seems. I don't know the full story so if anyone knows anything please let me know. I know the amps have never been that popular, and we're dealing with a division of US Music, not a company that makes only amps (like Mesa or Marshall).

Personally my issues were in early 09, and the responses were very fast and very thorough. A lot has happened in the past year.

I think it's a safer bet to look at the seller
I waited for months on my RM4, both the shop and importer tried to give me the runaround
contacted randall about it, had it on my doorstep within 3 weeks

Also a hard lesson learned Vince, next time tell the shop "New or GTFO!"

I have given up on Randall... Sorry but I just cannot deal with kind of treatment. It sure had potentil but I don't see anything exciting come out of Randall.

I put in for a return on the cab and the rest of my Randall gear will be going in the classified section. They will be good deals but I am not giving the stuff away. We are musicians afterall and cut from the same cloth so fair honest deals will be made with anyone wanting the gear. If not... it will go on the bay I imagine.

Thanks....