Deluxe...muddy bass?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usrname

Reaction score
Hey all, checking out a Deluxe module this weekend in my RM20 combo and I really like the tone and versatility of it, but it the bass seems kind of muddy to me. So much so that I had to turn the bass control off or almost off to get rid of the mud. Is this normal or is there a problem with a tube or something?

KillTone said:
That module can be very bassy - especially if you use a double coil pickup. Sounds great with a strat.

Yeah, I am using humbuckers. And the pups in my CE24 are pretty thick sounding. I wish I liked strats, this would give me a reason to get a new axe! I have been thinking about some new pups. Maybe a pup swap is in order?

You could have a humbucker with a coil tap so you can switch to single coil. Works well for me.

A three way bass switch like Pete does on his SL+ mod would be a nice addition to the Deluxe.

..I really like my Deluxe module..but I NEVER use it with a Humbucker.
If you are looking for a HB that taps into a Single coil, email me..I habve one for sale.
But besides that, that module really loves a Single pickups, like a Strat or Tele.

HB with a Deluxe ?

Definately ! You have to like Neil Young's tone though :wink:

This module is my preferate clean module with a Strat, but i also enjoy the tones i can get with my 2 other HB loaded guitars.

It does mostly everything i want from a clean module, it compress the way i like and has that twang that i love old Fender amps for.

Rock on,

Claude

I think I'll dig out my old modded Feder Squier HSS this weekend and have a go with the Deluxe. It's got a Sreamin' Demon in it, which is a fairly low output HB, so it should sound decent. The other singles are from a Mexican Strat and they've always sounded good, so we'll see.

Halve the value of your bass cap on the module - if it's a .0047, put a .0022 in there, if it's a .022, put a .01. It's hard to hear differences of less than half or double on those caps.

Pete