Do you guys find this stupid?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julia said:
grunge782 said:
Julia said:
Now the smart thing to do would be to order these from MF or Sweetwater so he can take advantage of the 45 day swap.

Hey, tell you what. Tell him I have "da bomb" right here. He's been missing out on this all along. It's my custom biased Fender HR Deville 212! It's loud as hell and does great cleans. I'll sell it to him....

Oh trust me, he abuses those companies to no end. He could have snagged the Invader for 2000.... but having the Herbert NOW was more important.

I'm sorry but he's a brootz only guy so the mention of Fender makes him go hide in the dark in his basement. Another one of those pesky metalheads :roll:

But tell him he can hook up a Boss Metal Zone and get teh br00tz. :lol: And it's got a Drive channel AND a MORE DRIVE, channel. And it goes to 12.

:lol: He also has ocd so he refuses to buy anything used. Somehow after all this he still has money.

Mailman1971 said:
I did the same thing your friend done. Always looking at amps/buying them and telling my band mates "THIS IS THE ONE!!"
Well.....after over a dozen amps and tone chasing it actually got sickening on how I strayed SO FAR away from playing and more on trying to find a tone that was in my head that probably didnt exist. All the amps I owned were all great in their way and whats funny is when we did a set my drummer and Bass player really didnt notice if it had "too much mids" or "muddy" or too shrilly.....but I was literally driving them crazy (and myself) with the amp obsession. Thats why the MTS line is really a kick *** deal once you get into all the flavors available and the modding......etc.
SO I know what your buddy is going thru and it really does suck. Get to see some kick *** gear..but there is no perfect amp. MTS is pretty close though! :wink:

Just my 2 cents on this.

:D

Just wondering Mailman, what amps have u gone through?

The dude could've bought a year at musicians institute and actually got his moneys worth. I had the crappiest peavey bandit amp and a Yamaha rgx. Times change I guess. Burn on. :wink:

grunge782 said:
Julia said:
grunge782 said:
Julia said:
Now the smart thing to do would be to order these from MF or Sweetwater so he can take advantage of the 45 day swap.

Hey, tell you what. Tell him I have "da bomb" right here. He's been missing out on this all along. It's my custom biased Fender HR Deville 212! It's loud as hell and does great cleans. I'll sell it to him....

Oh trust me, he abuses those companies to no end. He could have snagged the Invader for 2000.... but having the Herbert NOW was more important.

I'm sorry but he's a brootz only guy so the mention of Fender makes him go hide in the dark in his basement. Another one of those pesky metalheads :roll:

But tell him he can hook up a Boss Metal Zone and get teh br00tz. :lol: And it's got a Drive channel AND a MORE DRIVE, channel. And it goes to 12.

:lol: He also has ocd so he refuses to buy anything used. Somehow after all this he still has money.

Mailman1971 said:
I did the same thing your friend done. Always looking at amps/buying them and telling my band mates "THIS IS THE ONE!!"
Well.....after over a dozen amps and tone chasing it actually got sickening on how I strayed SO FAR away from playing and more on trying to find a tone that was in my head that probably didnt exist. All the amps I owned were all great in their way and whats funny is when we did a set my drummer and Bass player really didnt notice if it had "too much mids" or "muddy" or too shrilly.....but I was literally driving them crazy (and myself) with the amp obsession. Thats why the MTS line is really a kick *** deal once you get into all the flavors available and the modding......etc.
SO I know what your buddy is going thru and it really does suck. Get to see some kick *** gear..but there is no perfect amp. MTS is pretty close though! :wink:

Just my 2 cents on this.

:D

Ok,
quick list of the amps I owned.
Peavey 5150
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX
Randall RG100
Splawn Nitro
Framus Cobra
Cameron modded Marshall
Egnater Modded Marshall
Metaltronix M1000
Engl Invader
Lynch Box (2 times)
Egnater Mod 50
Egnater Mod 100
Randall RM100
There might be a couple more that I forgot over the past 25 years.
Did ALOT of amp Flipping TONE CHASING!
Pretty happy with my RM100 now. Changed out the output Tranny and run all custom mods. Pretty much can play any style of music and make it sound GREAT! This MTS is a TONE MACHINE!!

Mailman1971 said:
Ok,
quick list of the amps I owned.
Peavey 5150
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX
Randall RG100
Splawn Nitro
Framus Cobra
Cameron modded Marshall
Egnater Modded Marshall
Metaltronix M1000
Engl Invader
Lynch Box (2 times)
Egnater Mod 50
Egnater Mod 100
Randall RM100
There might be a couple more that I forgot over the past 25 years.
Did ALOT of amp Flipping TONE CHASING!
Pretty happy with my RM100 now. Changed out the output Tranny and run all custom mods. Pretty much can play any style of music and make it sound GREAT! This MTS is a TONE MACHINE!![/quote]

Wow, the Nitro, Cobra and Invader didn't suit u? I'm still unsure about mts to be honest, I haven't gotten my custom modules yet from salv so I can't really tell right now. But this gives me some good hope! :)

GtrGeorge! said:
where does this guy get all the money?
Lots of Credit card debt......
and I didnt own them all at once! :D
I would pretty much get an amp.....play it for a while and then sell it to buy another. remember that list is spread out over 25+ years. :wink:
But for the most part.....
My friends at Visa and Master card :x
:p

grunge782 said:
Mailman1971 said:

Wow, the Nitro, Cobra and Invader didn't suit u? I'm still unsure about mts to be honest, I haven't gotten my custom modules yet from salv so I can't really tell right now. But this gives me some good hope! :)
OUt of all that list....
The ENGL INVADER was about the best one.
Wish I never sold it.
GREAT GREAT AMP!!

...25YRS OLD, MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS
Thats pretty much the GC audience (lol).
ok, I'll calm down..I exaggeratte for humor, ya know.

I wish him well, but very few people are as lucky as he is...but then again...living at home at 25 is pretty much a drag. I wonder if his mom puts out his clothes everyday. Ya know, on the bed..a matching pair of sox and whatnot.

UPDATE:

So just recently he needed to switch to some new speakers. He apparently needed the money so desperately that I scored 4 mint, broken in v30's for 250 including a brand new, never used BKP painkiller...

I just thought about it and if a BKP goes for about 160 USD, and you subtract
that from the cost of the speakers...

I just scored 4 perfect v30's for 22.50 a piece...

:twisted:

I can relate to this in many ways.

#1. In 1995-'96 I quit playing in bands/gigs (washed my hands of it) and started flying R/C airplanes.
I was a novice that wanted to "rip up the sky"! :lol:
I spent several thousand dollars on 7 different planes/radio systems.
My last one was a jet, but honestly, the Quikie 500 planes are the most fun.
I crashed them nearly as fast as I built them! :roll:
One plane cost over $2000 ! (I cried when that one crashed)

Eventually, I went back to playing guitar. (much less expensive!) :oops:

#2. An old ex-friend (crackhead, but a great player) went through a bunch of amps and guitars.
He was in search of that perfect tone. (the never ending quest)
I bought several things from him at unreal prices, some I'm ashamed to admit.

He started out with an older JCM 800 head, single channel, 100w, 4x12' w/greenbacks. He used pedals for gain, delay, chorus and had a great tone.
Then (once he got a good paying job) it started. Before his crack habit kicked in, we use to be jammin' buddies (no jokes please). We never played in a band together, but he would come by to jam nearly every day. (I had a full room of band equipment and people stopped by to jam all the time)
He loved my Mesa/Boogie MkIII Simul-Class combo and swore that he had to get a Mesa.
He mail-ordered several Mesa amps (not a MkIII like mine) but returned them all (including 2 Rectum-fires that had broken tubes from shipping). He just wasn't happy.
Then we took a trip to the "big city" and he auditioned dozens of amps.
He came away with a Soldano Hot Rod 100+ head and matching cabinet.(a great amp!) I think he paid $2200 for it
Within 5 months, it was mine! ($1000) :twisted:
In all he bought/tried 24 different amps including a Soldano Caswell X99, a Mesa Tri-Axis, a slew of effects units including Chandler, Rocktron & Eventide. Then he went through all the pedalboards, stompboxes and multieffects boards (GT-8, GT-8, Digitech, etc).
Once the dust cleared, (and he lost his job due to crack) he had one amp (a Sunn T-50C) and a '95 LP Custom. He sold the Sunn to me (more like pawned it to me) and that's when I realized he had the crack problem.
He still owes me money, but the deals I got near the end were ridiculous.
I bought an SKB powered pedalboard 30 minutes after it came vis UPS. It was $150...he sold it to me for $100! (he said it was noisy) :lol: Lasted me 8 years.

He had a few friends (other crackheads) that would come to my house looking to sell their gear to buy crack. Once I got a Boss DD-5 for $20.
One guy sold his bass amp for $20. (it was a Crate)
I think back then, a rock of crack was $20.
The bass amp became a table. :roll: No one would buy it. Eventually, I threw it away.

P.S. I had to add that...because of my buddy's home life (girlfriend) he had to keep a lot of this stuff at my house so she'd never find out about how much he was spending on gear. So, all during this time, I got to play through this stuff (while he wasn't around). :twisted:

guitarcomet said:
I can relate to this in many ways.

#1. In 1995-'96 I quit playing in bands/gigs (washed my hands of it) and started flying R/C airplanes.
I was a novice that wanted to "rip up the sky"! :lol:
I spent several thousand dollars on 7 different planes/radio systems.
My last one was a jet, but honestly, the Quikie 500 planes are the most fun.
I crashed them nearly as fast as I built them! :roll:
One plane cost over $2000 ! (I cried when that one crashed)

Eventually, I went back to playing guitar. (much less expensive!) :oops:

#2. An old ex-friend (crackhead, but a great player) went through a bunch of amps and guitars.
He was in search of that perfect tone. (the never ending quest)
I bought several things from him at unreal prices, some I'm ashamed to admit.

He started out with an older JCM 800 head, single channel, 100w, 4x12' w/greenbacks. He used pedals for gain, delay, chorus and had a great tone.
Then (once he got a good paying job) it started. Before his crack habit kicked in, we use to be jammin' buddies (no jokes please). We never played in a band together, but he would come by to jam nearly every day. (I had a full room of band equipment and people stopped by to jam all the time)
He loved my Mesa/Boogie MkIII Simul-Class combo and swore that he had to get a Mesa.
He mail-ordered several Mesa amps (not a MkIII like mine) but returned them all (including 2 Rectum-fires that had broken tubes from shipping). He just wasn't happy.
Then we took a trip to the "big city" and he auditioned dozens of amps.
He came away with a Soldano Hot Rod 100+ head and matching cabinet.(a great amp!) I think he paid $2200 for it
Within 5 months, it was mine! ($1000) :twisted:
In all he bought/tried 24 different amps including a Soldano Caswell X99, a Mesa Tri-Axis, a slew of effects units including Chandler, Rocktron & Eventide. Then he went through all the pedalboards, stompboxes and multieffects boards (GT-8, GT-8, Digitech, etc).
Once the dust cleared, (and he lost his job due to crack) he had one amp (a Sunn T-50C) and a '95 LP Custom. He sold the Sunn to me (more like pawned it to me) and that's when I realized he had the crack problem.
He still owes me money, but the deals I got near the end were ridiculous.
I bought an SKB powered pedalboard 30 minutes after it came vis UPS. It was $150...he sold it to me for $100! (he said it was noisy) :lol: Lasted me 8 years.

He had a few friends (other crackheads) that would come to my house looking to sell their gear to buy crack. Once I got a Boss DD-5 for $20.
One guy sold his bass amp for $20. (it was a Crate)
I think back then, a rock of crack was $20.
The bass amp became a table. :roll: No one would buy it. Eventually, I threw it away.

P.S. I had to add that...because of my buddy's home life (girlfriend) he had to keep a lot of this stuff at my house so she'd never find out about how much he was spending on gear. So, all during this time, I got to play through this stuff (while he wasn't around). :twisted:

WOW 24 amps....... Kind of sad though about the drug problem.

Latest posts