Does the TOPBOOST module sound good with EL84 yellowjackets?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunky_funk

Reaction score
I don't know but aren't topboost modules supposed to emulate AC30s? But how can you get that effect with EL34/6L6 power tubes? While Blue Bulldogs seem nice, I think you should get two 4x12's because each is 15W rated.

But then, do yellowjackets also decrease the power output?

I like em, I've run my RT2/50 with EL84s and yellowjackets in one side just for that reason. If you just need one channel, check out the RM20 series...

Pete

I absolutely love the sound of the THD Yellowjacket Triodes. These are EL84 adapters that run at half-power, with the power grid smoothed out (like an EL34 amp with a Triode switch). It sounds far better than the normal Yellowjackets?less harsh, more natural, but still the chime and low end response. I cannot recommend them enough?they are permenently in my MOD50. :)

And yes, I have the VX module (and when I had the RM100, I had the TopBoost), and they sound great. :)

Orren

Orren said:
I absolutely love the sound of the THD Yellowjacket Triodes. These are EL84 adapters that run at half-power, with the power grid smoothed out (like an EL34 amp with a Triode switch). It sounds far better than the normal Yellowjackets?less harsh, more natural, but still the chime and low end response. I cannot recommend them enough?they are permenently in my MOD50. :)

And yes, I have the VX module (and when I had the RM100, I had the TopBoost), and they sound great. :)

Orren

Aw crap, they have more than one type of YJ? I knew there was a shorter version, didn't know about the 1/2 power ones. ******.

Pete