• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Done Deal

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboy5150

Reaction score
Love this module but use the JF SuperV mostly for cleans now, and looking to add a mesa module to the bunch. Rob modded this to be cleaner, less compressed and more articulate than stock. Ultimate clean, fat Fender tone, especially when matched with 6L6's. Gains up nicely for blues/SRV too. Custom cream "Rob Mod" faceplate with white chicken-heads, yellow LCD. I'll get a pic posted soon.

$225 shipped or trade even for Grail, or I'll take a stock Treadplate plus $50.

Hi

I have a stock grail mint condition available to trade right now

can you post a pic and do you have a push/pull swith for the gain setting ?

thanks

Rob (JF) had added the gain switch feature using the bright switch; i had him revert back to bright switch cause i used it more often; you get the same gain by diming the gain knob. Rob's a good friend, lives 20 mins up the road; i can have him add it back in if ya want. Here's a pic

Carvin011.jpg

it's not a must for me to have a swith ans youre right the bright swith is very usefull for me too so,. it's just more easy to set between a clean tone and a overdrive tone when you gig i think

how it's working?, the fist half on the gain knob is for clean and the orther one half you have the overdrive tone ?

I only use this module for clean tones. i've been running two clean modules in an RM4: superV for twangy rhythm stuff, and tweed for fat-tones and arpeggios; very sweet with chorus. IMO, the stock low-gain modules do not clean up well...deluxe, bface, tweed, jtm, superV...take any of these, dime the master, start turning the gain from 0. at 9:00 start getting compression, 11:00 distortion. At stage volume, the stock modules can get mushy. I run this tweed at 11:00 gain, 3:00 master; fat, full tone cuts through the mix with no compression or distortion. Dime the gain and you've got classic tweed blues lead tones. Just want to make sure you know what the mods are about in this module, and that it's what you're looking for.

If you want the pull knob for "instant" gain, Rob can add it before I ship. I'll check w/him but think it's $25.