Double Module New Build - Dumble ODS & Trainwreck

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zuccero

Reaction score
First of all thanks to Bruce Egnater for the idea to provide preamps in the given module form. :)

When I purchased the M4, I saw it as a great platform to develop or copy existing layouts of great amps to my liking, but always time was working against it. To be honest the production of a complete amp goes quicker than building those modules purely as a one off from scratch.
Anyway 1 year ago I found the time to start what I was after for so long.

My first build was a Trainwreck Komet preamp and end of last year I finished the Dumble ODS preamp.

All info is available on the AMP GARAGE Forum site (you have to be registered to access the files and see the photos):
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18038 for the Trainwreck
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20246 for the Dumble ODS

To buy modules and mod those was never an option for me ( no offence to all who do it, great job and great results) For the price of one I can build 3 or 4 not included the fun and satisfaction, besides the hard work obviously.
Just want to share my projects and give others the inspiration and drive to do their own projects too.

Cheers !

DUMBLE ODS
DumbleODSFrontPlate_zps6ee818ec.jpg

DumbleODSPCB_zpsb85a4784.jpg

TRAINWRECK
TrainwreckFrontPlate_zpsba18754d.jpg

TrainwreckPCB_zps28cae44b.jpg

Modulesinstalled_zps603b5a7b.jpg

Wow...I can't imagine how long it must have taken to build that from scratch....impressive sir! Do you have any clips?

JayDA said:
Wow...I can't imagine how long it must have taken to build that from scratch....impressive sir! Do you have any clips?

Thank you very much.
I had to make my experience on a prototype first to learn that an industrial produced double sided PCB can?t be reproduced by hand in all details. Therefore I had to change the size of the vertical volume boards to ease my production. But all does lots of fun with the exception of the solding mask layer, which isn?t. :D
No sound clips right now. But will try to get some up soon.
Cheers

Simply awesome man! Can't wait to hear clips and welcome to the community here, you'll have a good time :)

Wow, fantastic job!

We've built quite a few on Randall PCB's via jumping and trace cutting (accurate Hiwatt DR103, Vox AC30TB, Matchless Chieftain, Orange OR120), but never thought about making a PCB, hats off to you Sir!

djdayson said:
Wow, fantastic job!

We've built quite a few on Randall PCB's via jumping and trace cutting (accurate Hiwatt DR103, Vox AC30TB, Matchless Chieftain, Orange OR120), but never thought about making a PCB, hats off to you Sir!

Just curious who "we" is? Do you offer mods?

Wow! That looks amazing. Would love to hear some clips. Welcome to the forum. I bet it's spanky. :)

Hi, no, we just build them for personal use, though Sacred Groove, Jaded Faith, Salvation etc could easily build anything you need.

JayDA said:
djdayson said:
Wow, fantastic job!

Just curious who "we" is? Do you offer mods?