Effects loop problem

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srrdude

Reaction score
So i got this new EHX clone theory pedal. Now if any of you know this pedal, it makes a **** ton of noise if you put it in the chain up front and it increases the volume a bit. So i decided to try running it through the parallel (and series) effects loop and it pretty much completely eliminated the hiss. Awesome.

However, in the loop when i activate the pedal my overall volume decreases. Drastically. Wtf? My effects knob is turned all the way up.

The FX loops run at line. Pedals run at -10 dbv. That may be it. I'm using a line level shifter and teh serial loop just because it's the easiest way of dealing with stuff.

"You know i dont speak spanish. In English Please"
- Ron Burgundy.

I appreciate the response but i honestly have no idea what that means. Could you dumb it down form me a bit until i catch up?

Your pedal won't work properly in the loops as they were designed for rack mounted effects that work at a different dB rating. To fix this problem, use an EBTECH Line level shifter to bring the pedal and loops to the same rating. I also use one for my stomp boxes and it works a treat.

now if i use a line shifter to bring it back up, will the ground noise come back?

srrdude said:
now if i use a line shifter to bring it back up, will the ground noise come back?

I thought the EbTech line level shifter included their hum/noise eliminator technology but not 100% sure...

JKD said:
srrdude said:

I thought the EbTech line level shifter included their hum/noise eliminator technology but not 100% sure...
I thought it had that too...

sweet. Are there other ones i should shop around for or should i just go for it? i assume i chain all the pedals i want in the effects loop into this thing and then from there to the amp?

Actually, just the opposite.

Use it to lower the line level coming from the amp and into your pedals. The Ebtech should be the first thing in the effects loop chain.

Enjoy.

well im confused as to how that works but i suppose once i get the pedal i can get the right configuration. thanks guys.